Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris! >

July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris!

July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris!

Old 07-07-2011, 12:15 PM

I would join a group. but I still want to post here too. Just when we want to talk more personal and get to know people.

Sometimes it's hard to remember this is a very public forum and anyone can read what we write.

It's even in the google searches-if you post a topic and then a little while later go do a google search most of the time your topic will be one the first links provided.
Old 07-07-2011, 12:17 PM

Thanks to all of you for the support I will be needing SOON! I am new to this group. I need to loos weight just started weight watchers an cant figure it out yet. How dose the contest go? We send the biggest looser a FQ is that it. Will look out I intend to collect those FQ's this mo. lol just kidding but I'm going to give it my best FQ or not. Thanks for having me.
Patty Jo
Old 07-07-2011, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by scrapngmom
For some reason I keep forgetting to weigh in. Maybe I just don't want to see the numbers any more. LOL.
Last night about 9:30 I got a call from Life Alert, my mom had fallen again. She is 84 and lives by herself about 80 miles from me. Fortunately some people in her church went to the hospital and brought her home for me. She cut her head and the super glued it shut. Then about 1:30 a.m. my son called and his car had broken down! I had to get up early so I could check on my mom on my way into work. I am running on fumes, as they say. At least I am drinking water so far today. didn't have time to make my lunch or snacks, but will try to stay away from the chips and junk.

Mom has a black eye and the cut is in the eyebrow. She looks good, even with the black eye. She refuses to move in with any of us kids, so we are always getting phone calls because she falls and can't get up. Very frustrating, especially since I live so far away.
My mom was living alone and was doing the same thing. As it turned out she was taking her pills several times a day some times. She would go back to bed after she got up and did not remember if she took them the first time so she retook them.
after getting this straightened out the falls decreased by about 90% so you might check on this.. or have someone check mom said oh no I only take them once a day an the other half the time forgot to take them all together.
Old 07-07-2011, 12:39 PM

Hello folks! My morning and afternoon are off base today.

regarding the immature bf: suggest to your daughter that the two of them go to counseling together as a condition to "another try." That will help him grow up and will help her discern what she really wants in a relationship.

I'll follow ya'll to yahoo if I'm given the particulars.

I applaud your honesty, as yes, it is an open forum.

We all have our different struggles, and it helps me so much to know you are "out there" listening and cheering me onward.

Thank you for being here.

Journal- What is the REAL reason I want to lose weight. Write down the FIRST answer that comes to mind. Only one. Now look at it. That is probably your prime motivation.

Motivation - Every day I stay on my program I become stronger and healthier.

Quilting- Quilting is just for ME and I need "Me-time." Take your 30 minutes today.
Old 07-07-2011, 01:02 PM

PattyJo. We have mom's medicine put into those daily thingys marked Mon, Tues, Wed, etc. We have an a.m. and pm. So she can tell if she has taken her medicine or not. A neighbor monitors it about every other day for her. Having it already made up for her and separated into a.m. and p.m. really helps her remember. In fact, I should do that for my hubby. He is always forgetting if he took his meds or not.

thankfully, I don't take anything but an allergy pill, a vitamin and if needed some prevecid.

Yeah, I would love to go to a more private forum. Ya all are my only friends right now. Like others, when we moved to Fallbrook I have been unable to make new friends and am really lonely. I really have come to depend on this board.
Old 07-07-2011, 01:06 PM

I like the idea of a yahoo group. I think that could also eliminate some of the BS we had earlier.

I would be willing to be one of the moderators and can help set up. I think when we do sign up folks we need to have their screen name that we use here on this board. Just a thought.

Let me know what I can do here to help.

Cindy
Old 07-07-2011, 01:09 PM

Ritasmom, I sympathize with you not being able to say what is in your heart. In my 1st marriage, it was always about him and everything that was wrong was my fault. To this day, he tells our daughter what a perfect husband he was and that I am a lousy mother. He refused any counselling - to me that spoke volumes and I finally left. He got the single life he had been living and I got AWAY! To get off the hook, you could tell him that you will honor your daughters decision and you wish him the best. Good luck.

My guys took me to eat Chinese for my birthday and I have to say I did really well. My tummy has shrank to dismal capacity - so I can't stuff myself! What a great thing. I am down around 22# since my last birthday, but gained 21# to hit my highest of 181 in November. I was down to 171# when we started the 17-day diet. So far, I am down 3.5# for the month. I will not let tomorrows weigh in freak me out.

MJ, my health is the #1 motivation for me to lose weight.

I am off to the sewing machine right now.

hugs
Old 07-07-2011, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by Rita's mom
I am not sure how yahoo groups work but would love to learn! Missy I wouldn't mind at all but thats just my opinion.

scrapngmom I hear you on the running on fumes statement! Things are not calmer around here like I had hoped for. I did stay on track with my eating yesterday so that is a plus and I drank a fair amount but not what I needed to so that is ok.

Can I steal some wisdom from you all? Does any of you have experience with someone who you feel sorry for but at the same time wonder if some of the stuff they are saying could be made up or exadurated(SP?) so you will feel sorry for them and they get what they want? My oldest daughter finally had enough of this guy she has dated for almost 2 yrs and broke up with him or is trying to anyway. I have never really liked him(well I like him and feel sorry for him, I just don't think he is right or a blessing to my daughter)He can be very thoughtless,and kind of all about himself, can be kind of a BSer,tends to be racist or at least ignorant about alot of things which in my mind is where racism stems from, and a few other things. I tell my daughter how I feel and then tell her If she stays with him she has nobody to blame but herself. Anyway to make a long story short since she told him she wanted to break up he is whineing and begging her nonstop to give him another chance, texting me saying she is his everything he just has never had anyone teach him how to be a good boyfriend etc, etc. He also text my other daughter, my daughters friend that she has been hanging out with all with the same stuff how can I get her back. I have been trying to give him positive stuff when he says his dad calls him worthless and a piece of **** and how he never had friends till my daughter on and on. Well I am so drained from all of this because I always feel sorry for people and can't or won't be mean. I am torn and this is my question.... how do you know if what people are saying is true or they just want everyone to feel sorry for them and give them what they want? He is over the top and to be honest as bad as I feel for him (his home life is bad or at least wierd and he does make people want to pull away from him because he tends to BS and talk nonstop)I think he is kind of unstable. I am not sure if he is just a immature baby and think that if he whines he will get what he wants or if he really is clueless about why his life is like this. What sticks in my mind is everything he says is all about him, he is so sad, he has no friends, his dad is mean to him, he is having a crisis because he is so sad, on and on. I have tried telling him my daughter is just tired give her time to rest and figure out what she wants but it is still how sad he is, how she is his everything on and on. To make it worse today is her birthday and he wants to drop off her present. She told him not to get her anything when they broke up but now he has something that he ordered and can't send back because it is custom made. I know tonight is going to end up a mess and as I said it is still all about him and what he wants. Sorry I hope some part of that long rant made sense. I am just trying to figure out how to deal with him without being mean. After you get so drained from it you start to lose some of your tact and feel very irritated. And we all know my butt doesn't need the stress!!! Does anyone have any experience with some one like this?
Sorry I know this is probably not appropriate for this thread but I feel like I know most of you and there is alot of great wisdom here.
This dude is using you guys.He is insecure and a clingy needy dominant selfish loser.Tell him to get the violins out and tell it to Oprah.Better yet tell him "you know what,I can't help you,maybe you should go get thearapy.I see now why your mentaly drained.In life there are givers,and there are takers.You are a gas station for people with issues to "DUMP" the sht into..It's not your job to let others dump on you.Their parasites sucking the life out of you to feed their ego's and to take from you.To make them feel good,meanwhile your drained.I use to be that way too,till I realized I was just a dumping ground for them to dump their stuff on and to feel better when they leave. This guy is dangerous.If he can't take no and move on,he may be so posessive he may not leave her or you all alone.I'd tell him it's over,move on.And stop answering his calls,texts,emails, etc.If he persists,have a restraing order put out on him.Then he'll get the message,if he don't,call the police.Cut off all communications with him.If he can't reach any of you,he can't keep bothering you all.He needs to move on.And so do you.And don't be a host any more for other parasites.It's their issues,not yours.Start saying,you know I don't know what to say,I have problems too I can't resolve,what are you going to do?.Pretty soon,they'll quite coming if they can't feed off you,they'll go elsewhere to feed off someone else.No wonder your drained.They are literally sucking the life out of you to where you don't have anything left for yourself.You have to take care of you,and let others step up to the plate and help out so you can start having some 'me time' every day.Learn to say no,I have,and am much better now because of it.I wanted to add,it's one thing to help people,we all need help at some point,but this guy and others like him,that won't take no,it's over,will be like my ex,he was super acomidating till he got what he wanted,then was right back to being a jerk.A leopard don't change it's spots.His family said it all,he is what they said.They know him best.We can't change any body.A lot of gals think,well,i can change him.they can't.He's only playing his 'poor me,help me' card.He should be talking to your daughter.Your instincts were right on about him.Your daughter deserves better.Thank goodness she woke up.
Old 07-07-2011, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by Pam H
Leann, where are you in Texas. I will be in the Austin area for the winter. I have worked very hard for the last 5 years to make friends in Texas. It's really difficult when you are only there part of the year. This summer 3 of my friends are moving away. It stinks!
I am in Kingwood, 25 miles NE of downtown Houston.

Twelve months and counting.

Sorry that your friends are leaving.
Old 07-07-2011, 05:44 PM

i don't want to sound like a know it all, or some one who goes around screaming fire when a match is lit, BUT this guy sounds just like the guys who become stalkers and women beaters. he has BIG problems, and if she can she needs OUT now, not later, and if possible go visit family in another state for awhile. he may not be able to let her go. xylie is right on the money!