Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
CLOSED  July Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 1st >

CLOSED July Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 1st

CLOSED July Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 1st

Old 07-15-2011, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by Sunflower Girl
Originally Posted by arizonagirl
This is my first SP swap and the suspense is killing me. I can't wait for my SP to get her package. I really really hope she likes it. How do you guys handle this every month. I will be starting to gather for the next swap this weekend.

Robyn
They are so----- much fun!!!
And addictive!! I can't go in a clearance isle without finding atleast one SP item. My kids are even into it!
Old 07-15-2011, 07:15 PM

Whew, lots of pages to read! Got my firmy in the mail today, and it should be delivered on Monday. That is pretty impressive considering it has to travel 2,468 miles. If I hopped in my car to deliver it myself it would take me 39 hours, but only 18 turns. Hope you like it!
Old 07-15-2011, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by Crafty Darlene
SP your pkg is on its way! It is heading up north and a little west of me! If I was delivering it in person it would take about me about 14 hours to get there! Your pkg is supposed to be there on Monday! We'll see how the PO does!
I'm 14 hours from FL. I have driven down there to see my older sister in the past...could it be me??
Old 07-15-2011, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by 3NorwichTerr
Originally Posted by Tussymussy
Last night I, at last, had a good look at the magnificent firmy sent to me by Deborah (tedytrsr).

My breath was certainly taken away. On the top was a lovely note from her. Under it was: a chart in cross stitch "Quilters Make Warm Lovers", a leaflet with christmas patterns (some of those will look beautiful on our tree this year), another of dolphins and a book of lovely patterns that you can mix and match. Also a fantastic hard back book on cross stitch by Mary Engelbreight (I want to start one now and having a childish tantrum because I can't). Two novels, because I am an avid reader too and a lovely wire bound notebook. There was also a lovely cookbook. DH is already choosing the recipes that he likes!

Hiding amongst them a cross stitch kit, which will be made first of all for my new kitchen, my DH thinks this is hilarious cos he would never criticise my cooking - he enjoys it too much. I will have to stitch this one twice as a dear friend wants one too!

At the bottom was a beautiful Christmas box, which I love and will store some Christmas treasures in.

Now, at this point, not having read the customs form, I thought I had got to the bottom of it and idly opened the box.

Wow, out tumbled a huge array of wonderful fabrics, 5 beautiful christmas fabrics and 4 others. I fell in love with 2/3 yard of the christmas gingerbread one. Had to wrest that one away from my friend too!

I also love the one that is printed with lots of currency notes from around the world. I have been thinking of making a wallet and that one will spur me on.

Last but not least a wonderful magnifying needle threader. Deborah, you must have a crystal ball because when you posted it, even I did not know that eye surgery that I had last December had failed and I am not seeing properly.

Warning -- the Janet Evanovich books are laugh out loud funny but you will find yourself wanting all them, up to 17 now I think.

Deby
So true! I just love her writing style. I've also listened to some books on tape that she read herself which is really great since she knows the characters intimately. Enjoy!
Old 07-15-2011, 07:25 PM

i finally got my sp in the mail today she is going to be shocked since I had a horrid day and even though i am not a chocolate person i opened her choclates w/almonds her favorite and scarffed down a few. I did say I was sorry. I was cutting out muslin for an embrod. hoop and decapitated my snowman angel wall hanging that I had just brought home from the LQS I just sat and cried and ate a few kisses.

sorry to SP in SC but hope you can understand.
Old 07-15-2011, 08:06 PM

I dont know, but it is really very cute She did a great job making it. My keys are on it already!

Originally Posted by CAgirl1
Originally Posted by pattis47
She had that envelope so stuffed there was no wiggle room to get a scissors in there to cut it open. I was afraid I would cut whatever she sent me. But I didn't give up.....I tore into that third envelope to find the most wonderful gifts. She sent me 2 different purple fabrics ( a yd of each Yippeee ), a cute pattern (that I think I will use that material to make), Quiltmaker Magazine w/a bonus CD w/ 110 blocks on it, a really big purple tote bag, a pack of notecard, and she took time to make me a purple tissue holder and then she added a purple yo-yo keychain fob. She really outdid herself. She included a very nice letter with all of this. Thank You seems like so little to say, so I will say Thank You it several times.....Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You !!!!!!!!!!! Crafty_Linda_b you are the best!!!!!!!!!!!
That yo-yo key chain is adorable. Wonder if she got it from a pattern or created it herself.
Old 07-15-2011, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by brenda21
Originally Posted by babyfireo4
Got my sp's package out today. Expect your package on the 18th :) Confirmation # 03110240000159249205

Hint #1 was you like christmas
Hint #2 is you have at least one furbaby

that's as good as my hints get without giving it away.
This could be me...we will see.... :)
nope sorry. My sp's state starts with an A :)

aw now look, you went and made me give up another clue ;) such sneaky quilters lol
Old 07-15-2011, 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by brenda21
Got my sp's package out today. Expect your package on the 18th :) Confirmation # 03110240000159249205

Hint #1 was you like christmas
Hint #2 is you have at least one furbaby

that's as good as my hints get without giving it away.
This could be me...we will see.... :)
nope sorry. My sp's state starts with an A :)

aw now look, you went and made me give up another clue ;) such sneaky quilters lol
Well it's noT me. I live in AZ, but don't currently have a furbaby.
Old 07-15-2011, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by gaby4v
Just checked and my package made it to San Francisco!!! Almost there!!!

Detailed Results:

Processed through Sort Facility, July 14, 2011, 2:08 pm, SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94188
Acceptance, July 09, 2011, 10:32 am, APO, AP 96319
Oh I am in the SF area, hoping.....
Old 07-15-2011, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by Rita's mom
Originally Posted by crafty_linda_b
CAgirl1 & Rita, I saw those key chains on a website years ago. It was one of those free tutes. The key chain is made with a YoYo and then I sew a strip of fabric that is folded over 4 times to make it thick enough to withstand the use. You can cheat and use bias binding for it too if you want. I have made them with 2 YoYo's in different sizes too. Then stitch a button on the center to hold it all together. I buy the rings at Joann's. They are so simple and quick to make. I am doing a craft fair the 20th of Aug and will be making some to sell at that. crafty_linda_b sittin' & quiltin' on the Cal-Ore border
Thanks crafty_linda! I am going to try one. :)

Me too!!!