Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
CLOSED  July Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 1st >

CLOSED July Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 1st

CLOSED July Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 1st

Old 07-22-2011, 04:16 AM

Originally Posted by Tussymussy
Originally Posted by IrelandDragonQuilting
Is it hard and expensive to ship overseas?
If you use a squishie or one of those indestructible plastic bags then it works out cheaper. As some said earlier, the more you send, or the heavier it is then the more costly it becomes. the last two months I have had gorgeous firmies and they were in the $50 dollar range. I have also had squishies that, at the most, were $11 and they were fantastic too.

As always, it is up to you what you want to put in. I always try to include handmade things that don't weigh too much. Most of us love to receive hand made things because of the love and friendship that go into them.

I would check with where you are posting it, how much it costs. Regular air mail may be more expensive than Fed Ex or it could be the other way.

There are not very many of us overseas to you in this swap, but the number is growing. It is wonderful to see what is going on in other countries regarding this craft and getting new ideas is also great.
How funny that you posted just above me...Tussymussy was the gal I inquired of a few months back re: international shipping! And it just so happened that I was her SP that month and didn't know it until I received a wonderful squishy from her! Thanks again Sue!
Old 07-22-2011, 05:40 AM

I'm wondering if my SP liked her package, she received it on Tuesday and no word from her yet!
Old 07-22-2011, 07:22 AM

Received my wonderful squishy from Nau Dee Gal. Received a McCalls Quick Quilts magazine, some Hazelnut coffee (yum), a Reisin candy bar all gone now, lol), a much needed seam ripper and 14 different fabrics. Nau Dee Gal, you really went above and beyond. Really wish my camera wasn't broken again.

Thank you so much. I really appreciate everything.

rejenea
Old 07-22-2011, 07:43 AM
Power Poster

Well they are still coming in!! yipee the aug sign up has started!!!! Everyone is doing sooo good. Sending them out nicely and what terrific swaps were recieved.We all deserve a pat on the back. And Miss Lori what a great hostess!!! You go girl. Have a great day and try to stay cool. Mary
Old 07-22-2011, 08:17 AM

I am patiently waiting on the bench but am not complaining!! the wait makes it even more interesting! :):):)
I am all signed up for august! WooooHooo!!!
thank you Lori!!
Old 07-22-2011, 08:17 AM

OOOPS; so excited that I hit send twice!!
:lol:
Old 07-22-2011, 08:33 AM

Late last evening (UPS Brown was working late !) I got such a delightful pkg from gzusliovz ( Renee). Where to start ~~~~ Really cute ionized metal whirling heart of many colors. Going right up on my front porch ! A huge book for foundation piecing ,something new to challenge me . A totally precious antique cranberry glass small vase that came to her thru her family. It brought a bit of misty eyes to me that she would honor me with this family piece ! Wow ! Also 3 blue fat qtrs, a handmade quilted pin to wear and also a handmade heart shaped candle mat.2 Debbie Mumm buttons that are going on the new purse I'm making. An emery board ( quilt themed , of course,) jumbo blue rick rack,and 2 rolls of satin ribbon , one yellow, and one blue. Last but not least, a tube of Mary Kay hand lotion. Thank you so very much Renee ! Blessings right back to you ! :D Sara
Old 07-22-2011, 08:38 AM

I checked online for the status of my SP's package.......

Expected Delivery Date: July 23, 2011
Class: Priority Mail®
Service(s): Delivery Confirmation™
Old 07-22-2011, 09:31 AM

And that delivery is where? I am anxiously waiting. I look solomenly at the mail box as I drive by on my way to work longingly hoping that it will have a special firmie/squishie waiting for me when I get home.

Oh that is so ............. I know, I am full of it and it has stitches.
Old 07-22-2011, 09:35 AM

ATTENTION BENCH SITTERS:

One of you should be leaving the bench early next week. I mailed a package going south of the Mason-Dixon Line today.

Stay tune for updates as I receive them.