Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Scrappy Quilt show - Right Here!! :) >

Scrappy Quilt show - Right Here!! :)

Scrappy Quilt show - Right Here!! :)

Old 07-31-2011, 05:48 AM

I just LOVE all these beautiful quilts, every time I open my mail and see there has been another post to this thread, I hurry over here to see what has been added. Thanks to everyone who has put pictures of their wonderful scrap quilts up. I can't wait to get my sewing room set up and start on one.
Old 07-31-2011, 05:52 AM

i like the drunk houses. lol
Old 07-31-2011, 05:57 AM

Sewdarnbusy - I love that star quilt! Do the sashings in the star finish about 1/2 inch? That is such a cool idea.
Old 07-31-2011, 06:07 AM

Originally Posted by sewdarnbusy
This was fun to make. It still needs binding, and I can't find a suitable fabric.
So nice!
Old 07-31-2011, 06:10 AM

These are so fun to look at. I have a couple of scrappies in the works, one is my log cabin that I already posted a picture of in another thread when the top was done, so I'll wait to post it when it's completely done. (lol, just remembered it's the top in my avatar.)

I find it interesting that so many talk about having a hard time relinquishing control and just going with whatever comes out of the sack. I've been called a control freak (more than once, even! lol) but somehow I don't have trouble with letting go of the control in a scrappy, other than to not place the same fabric next to itself, for the most part. And these days it seems that I'm more satisfied with how the scrappies turn out than I am with my planned tops!
Old 07-31-2011, 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by grammy17
All of these quilts are so beautiful. I just offered to make one for my daughter last night. Her reply cut my heart--Not one with all those colors. I said, "You better to to Walmart." I was crushed but you all have revived me.
You should have your DD look at this thread!!!!
Old 07-31-2011, 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by jdavis
All of these quilts are so beautiful. I just offered to make one for my daughter last night. Her reply cut my heart--Not one with all those colors. I said, "You better to to Walmart." I was crushed but you all have revived me.
Honestly, I'd thank her for being candid because it's sad when you've spent tons of work on a gift quilt that is not to the recipient's tastes. Awkward for them and disheartening for the artist (yes, we are, all folk artists!). Better to find out ahead of time.
Your work is too nice to not be appreciated by the right person. Nice job on all of them you posted. Keep it up and keep posting for all of us to enjoy. :o)
Old 07-31-2011, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by postal packin' mama
Originally Posted by jdavis
Honestly, I'd thank her for being candid because it's sad when you've spent tons of work on a gift quilt that is not to the recipient's tastes. Awkward for them and disheartening for the artist (yes, we are, all folk artists!). Better to find out ahead of time.
Your work is too nice to not be appreciated by the right person. Nice job on all of them you posted. Keep it up and keep posting for all of us to enjoy. :o)
I would extend this thought to the entire board...Keep on quilting & posting, everybody!
Old 07-31-2011, 08:46 AM

Love them all Great work.
Old 07-31-2011, 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by Truckin Mary
Love them all Great work.
Truckin Mary: Speaking of posting, how about a photo of that gorgeous thing in our avatar? Wow, looks beautiful even in a small picture.