job interview??

Old 08-02-2011, 07:42 AM

Be honest, don't try to pretend you know something you don't know. I don't know is perfectly acceptable if you let them know you are a quick learner and would appreciate the opportunity to learn. We all were first-time interviewers at one time. Blessings and prayers that you do your best.
Old 08-02-2011, 08:12 AM

thank you all! and I got the job (seasonal part time) if I can find another reference and drive an hour to get to the drug screening place by tomorrow at 11. Except my dad won't let me drive that far as I've only had my license for 2 months. So fingers crossed for bottom dollar!!!

but I got there way early, my errands didn't take as long as I thought they would, but I went over to the clearence section and got a roll of fabric strips $2 off the sale price because there was no tag and they were a little beat up (so many strings to cut off!)

and after the interview to cheer myself up, I walked next door to joanns and got to be the test dummy (she needed someone to teach one other lady how to show a machine) for a Husqvarna Viking Emerald 116 and 118. Suffice to say, I'm cheered up and I want one. But they offered me a job application for the holiday season. So I do have a back up if needed!
Old 08-02-2011, 10:42 AM

sweet, great interview, candy for sewing and another offer - you are doing very well! congrats!
Old 08-02-2011, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by SharBear
1. Dress appropriately.

2. Don't chew gum; turn OFF your cell phone before you go in!

3. When you shake hands with someone don't "dead fish" them - shake their hand firmly.

4. Don't fidgit; toss hair, say "um"

5. Stress your positives - at this point you have little job experience so use what you have in your life - responsibility; civic minded; on time; dependable!

6. Remember to ask when you can expect to hear from them.

There is no reason not to carry a small notebook or portfolio with questions / tips / things you want to remember with you and refer to it --

GOOD LUCK!
I would add:

7. Stand & sit with good posture. I got a job once because the employer saw me walk through the door "with confidence" as she later told me. I was nervous as all get out, but did remember my mother's reminder to stand up straight. Makes a great first impression!
Old 08-02-2011, 11:17 AM

do you like being around people? do you like helping people? Are you a "go-getter" not interested in just sitting around? These are all reasons to work for someone...
You'll do fine... be confident...

Let us know???

Just read all the posts... congratulations!! woo hooo!!! Have fun!!
Old 08-02-2011, 11:45 AM

My husband and I had to interview for a junior worker in our printing outfit, even though it was shop floor work where they would wear overalls, the one we appointed was the only one who turned up with collar and tie for the interview. So how you dress will make an impression, I do not mean fashion just courtesy
Old 08-02-2011, 01:26 PM

These are all great suggestions! Good luck tomorrow!
Old 08-02-2011, 01:28 PM

Just read that you got the job offer. Hope everything works out for you!
Old 08-02-2011, 02:40 PM

It is always important to look your best...SMILE!! Also, let them know what YOU CAN DO FOR THEM. Employers want to know what you can do to help them succeed. "I am a people person and I feel that it is important to meet the customer's needs. I feel confident that I can do that."(even if you don't). "I feel that with these skills I can be a great asset to your company. I have experience handling customer complaints and can deal politely and effectively with your customers."
GOOD LUCK!!
Old 08-02-2011, 03:12 PM

Smile, look them in the face, don't chew gum, thank them for the interview and dress appropriately. You go girl! Let us know how you come out on this. You sound like a winner to me. No Flip-flops!!!!