Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011 >

Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

Old 08-11-2011, 05:05 AM
Power Poster

Wow...up close it is even prettier! Beautiful quilting!
Old 08-11-2011, 05:36 AM

Thanks, I worked on it for awhile, and then met my husband to be who hates flowers in the house, so I stuck it away. Then when Little Mary was needing fund raisers for her trip, I put it on my portable quilt frame and sat in front of the TV until it was finished. LOL I think we raised about $1000 for it raffling.
Old 08-11-2011, 06:33 AM

that is a stunning quilt.
Old 08-11-2011, 07:06 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by candi
Aw. Thanks ladies for the kind comments.
Pat, yes, sewing on the back is a bit annoying, that is why I like to do it before my applique whenever possible as I have more control when it comes time to placing the applique pieces.

Mousie, show us the fabs, please :-D
:roll: deer in the headlights look!
ok...if you gotta have an ooh, ahh, slobber moment...BUT, lol, you can't have it right now.
I am at dd's house, and the fabs and camera are at mousehouse :-o :mrgreen:
Old 08-11-2011, 07:09 AM
Power Poster

somebody pinch me quick (gently)...oh my goodness, misshollysd...that is GORGEOUS!!!
oh me, oh my...(faint)...clunk! ;)
Old 08-11-2011, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by sandpat
LOL...you are both sooo silly! You all have the same capabilities and more...just look inside! My DH would be very happy if I could be cloned! Hmmmmm....I think I would too, then I could play all the time and tell that "other" one to go do all the chores! LOL!
You might want to rethink that cloning idea! Have you ever seen the movie with Michael Keaton titled, "Multiplicity"? OMGoodness!!!!! :shock: :shock: Watch it, and you'll see what I mean! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: The first clone worked out just fine, but the next TWO.......well, let's just say that a copy of a copy isn't exactly the way to go!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:
Old 08-11-2011, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by mshollysd
Originally Posted by pab58
Originally Posted by mshollysd
Molly from the look of the quilt in your avatar you MUST join us!!!! It is absolutely gorgeous!!! Just work at your own pace onthe AOTH! I thought I was going to be behind, but once I got started, I was amazed at how quickly I actually got ahead of the game! :lol: :lol: :lol: I wasn't trying to crank them out really fast, but I work on them while watching TV and before I know it I have a block completed! My problem is that I hate having to stop to prep the next few blocks! I wish I had someone who did that for me so I could just stitch them!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Patty, thank you, actually this quilt was painted and I hand quilted the whole thing. I raffled it off so my daughter could be ambassador to People to People and she went to Australia.
Painted!!!?? Really??!!:shock: :shock: Have you posted a picture of it so we can see it up close and personal? It is so beautiful!

A few years ago I had a student who went to Australia with People to People! It was an amazing experience for him! :thumbup:
Mary loved going to Australia, and she was in the summer before 8th grade. Too cool. I will have to find a closeup of the quilt,.
OMGoodness!!!!! It's even more beautiful than I thought it would be!!!!! I remember trying to paint those "Paint by Numbers" pictures when I was young, and I never could get them to look like what they should!!:roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: Your quilting is stunning!!! How wonderful of you to raffle it off for your daughter's trip.

My student went to Australia in the summer before 8th grade year, too! He did an extra-credit project upon his return, and his classmates just loved it! So did I!!! :thumbup:
Old 08-11-2011, 10:52 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sandpat
LOL...you are both sooo silly! You all have the same capabilities and more...just look inside! My DH would be very happy if I could be cloned! Hmmmmm....I think I would too, then I could play all the time and tell that "other" one to go do all the chores! LOL!
You might want to rethink that cloning idea! Have you ever seen the movie with Michael Keaton titled, "Multiplicity"? OMGoodness!!!!! :shock: :shock: Watch it, and you'll see what I mean! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: The first clone worked out just fine, but the next TWO.......well, let's just say that a copy of a copy isn't exactly the way to go!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:
yup, saw it a long time ago, but I do remember there were lots of problems.
The body got duplicated but the morals...not so much ;-)
Old 08-11-2011, 12:45 PM

I second all the comments on your quilt mshollysd. Beautiful work.
Old 08-11-2011, 05:14 PM
Power Poster

Well, I got my center sewn into 2 sections today. I am sewing the trapunto batting onto some of the square blocks prior to joining the 2 sections. I'm thinking about quilting this in sections and may quilt this center before adding the next block border...what do you ladies think of doing it this way? I've never tried quilting in sections before.