Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Another Quilt Show!!  My Favorite Scrappies - Part 2 >

Another Quilt Show!! My Favorite Scrappies - Part 2

Another Quilt Show!! My Favorite Scrappies - Part 2

Old 08-08-2011, 04:54 PM

Beautiful
Old 08-10-2011, 03:27 PM

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.

I loved this so much, thank you, thank you for the bright colors enlightening my evening!!!

It has clouded up outside and rain is threatening......now the rain part isn't bad at all, but the "glooms"...I hate that part. Your amassed collection is a huge hit!

The recent "shows" we've had here are inspiring me to get back into some brights and geometrics and neon-y colors after several years of mostly Civil War repros and RWB patriotic quilts. Thanks all!

Jan in VA
Old 08-10-2011, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by Jan in VA
I loved this so much, thank you, thank you for the bright colors enlightening my evening!!!

It has clouded up outside and rain is threatening......now the rain part isn't bad at all, but the "glooms"...I hate that part. Your amassed collection is a huge hit!

The recent "shows" we've had here are inspiring me to get back into some brights and geometrics and neon-y colors after several years of mostly Civil War repros and RWB patriotic quilts. Thanks all!

Jan in VA
Thank you so much, Jan, for your sweet compliments! A treat for the eyes on gloomy days and a QS I've always wanted to put on, now we can all return to this spot and dream of bigger ideas for our quilts in hopes of emulating some beautiful quilts like these quilters made and bring joy in someone's life! Even if only in our dreams, as we can't make them all, but we'd love to give it a try! So happy so many are encouraged by the talent and skill of others! :-D :-D :-D
Old 08-11-2011, 10:32 AM

Someone requested a pattern for quilt #39 which has been sent to them and I thought I would post the pattern here if anyone else wanted it. This is not an exact replica; only an artist's interpretation of that quilt. This is my own pattern I've named Christmas Rose. It may be enlarged but not changed, distorted or sold for profit. It's free for your personal use and may be shared with others as proper credit is given.

Templates are numbered in order of placement of pieces. A 1/4" margin needs to be added while cutting out the pieces or you may draw a line 1/4" inside each piece's edge to serve as your margin. Hope you enjoy making these flowers! n2
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-240086.jpe
Views:	56
Size:	24.7 KB
ID:	240092  
Old 08-12-2011, 04:30 AM

Wow! What a wonderful assortment! Thanks so much for posting!
Old 08-12-2011, 05:38 AM

Wow, what a great collection. I would love to know how #30 was done.
Old 08-12-2011, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by needlehappy
Wow, what a great collection. I would love to know how #30 was done.
That block is done very easily even though it appears difficult. It's based on the same principle as the D9P (Disappearing 9 Patch). The whole block is done first, then it's quartered and last it's split diagonally to give you your 8 sections or wedges. Then you rearrange the wedges into exciting blocks. Now wasn't that easy!! Let me know if you need more help with this! Thank you, needlehappy!! :-D :-D :-D ;-)

p.s. Just thought of another technique that is used and very popular is the Stack and Whack technique. There are many online tutes for that method and I believe there is a section here at the board for Stack and Whack quilts. Just click on 'user defined topic lists' and you'll see it at the bottom of the page. ;-)
Old 08-16-2011, 08:58 PM

I love them all :thumbup: