Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Joann's new sale ad >

Joann's new sale ad

Joann's new sale ad

Old 08-13-2011, 09:22 AM

I got 50% . Don't know what I'm going to get yet. I'm sure I can find something! LOL!
Old 08-13-2011, 09:30 AM

Read what it says on the ad . Mine says to rub it off to see what it you can save before you shop.
Old 08-13-2011, 09:39 AM
Power Poster

I didn't know they had a magazine, I'll have to try to find it. Thanks for the heads up
Old 08-13-2011, 09:40 AM

Mine just got here--will have to go look after I finish here!
Old 08-13-2011, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by GGinMcKinney
Mine is 40:( Last time mine was 60% and I purchased batting. I bought two large bolts of it. Was wonderful!
My flyer says it is for the first 1 yard of fabric ONLY so how do you get a bolt of batting with the coupon? I'd love to take advantage of that deal and wonder what it would actually cost with a 60% off coupon like I have?
Old 08-13-2011, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by Roberta
Originally Posted by GGinMcKinney
Mine is 40:( Last time mine was 60% and I purchased batting. I bought two large bolts of it. Was wonderful!
My flyer says it is for the first 1 yard of fabric ONLY so how do you get a bolt of batting with the coupon? I'd love to take advantage of that deal and wonder what it would actually cost with a 60% off coupon like I have?
Mine says...."a single cut of by the yard merchandise equals one item"........meaning a yard or 10 yards as long as it is a single cut. I have often purchased bolts of fab. for backing, for the % off. As long as it is in a single piece of fab.
Old 08-13-2011, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by grann of 6
Mine is 50% but I wouldn't know what to buy. I already have 2 cases of batting I got for 50% off from Fabric Depot with free shipping. I never see anything worth buying at Joanns any more. Their fabric has taken a quality dip, and I have all the cutting mats, rulers and templates a guy could ever want.
I have purchased my last piece of fabric from Joanne's!! I went in to purchase Comfy flannel to make light weight flannel receiving blankets without batting. The perfect weight for our s. Cal summers. The fabric looked threadbare and see-thru! When I pointed this out to the clerk, she said" if you don't like it you can go to a quilt shop and pay three times as much". I answered,"I doubt it would be $18 dollars but it would last 3 times as long and I wouldn't be ashamed to give it as a gift".
Old 08-13-2011, 10:56 AM

I didn't receive one and I'm on the mailing list too.
Old 08-13-2011, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by Lady Diana
Originally Posted by Janetlmt
Originally Posted by loreen
I'm doing the happy dance! My preferred rub off percert is 60%. Can you say BATTING!
What have you gotten?
I had an 85% last time they offered it in the flyer. I wanted the entire box of batting that is cut off the role. The lady didn't put it into the hand computer in yardage, just as a box. I didn't get the discount on the batting because the packaged batting was on sale. So..just a fair warning if you buy the entire box..make sure they do it in yardage.
Peace and Blessings,
You should have asked for the manager. Since they sell it by the yard your coupon should have be valid. Packaged batting is in plastic, usually bags. I would have given them the choice of yardage purchase with your discount, or they measure the entire roll. If they still argued it was the package, I would have asked for the entire roll except the last three inches. That was ridiculous. D in TX
I had a 60% last time and they tried to charge me $3 over the shelf sticker price on 50/50 batting. When I pointed this out to the clerk he checked the shelf and over-road the computer. He's new but I strongly believe that one of the old regulars wouldn't have done it because the computer is always right.
Old 08-13-2011, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by sandwich child
WHAT!?!? Do these percents off come on every catalog? I've never even noticed before and wouldn't have this time except for the thread. Well, mine is 40% which is the same as the one printed above it, but hey! I'll take whatever I can get. I don't know why you can't check your discount prior to shopping. It's your catalog - surely there are no catalog police lurking around.
You CAN/MAY scratch the covering over the discounted % off before you shop.