Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What do you make with your embroidery machine? >

What do you make with your embroidery machine?

What do you make with your embroidery machine?

Old 08-14-2011, 11:06 AM

I have two embroidery machines. One is a Singer Quantum XL5000, and the other is a Singer Futura. I love mine. I do alot with it. Here a few examples of my work.
Snownannie

Table runner for a swap
[ATTACH=CONFIG]241740[/ATTACH]

Table runner for a swap
[ATTACH=CONFIG]241741[/ATTACH]

Wall hanging for a swap
[ATTACH=CONFIG]241742[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-241734.jpe
Views:	322
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	241740   Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-241735.jpe
Views:	289
Size:	64.0 KB
ID:	241741   Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-241736.jpe
Views:	355
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	241742  
Old 08-14-2011, 11:21 AM

I use my embroidery machine for everything...quilting, gifts, etc. I have a husqvarana and a small janoma.
Old 08-14-2011, 11:22 AM

I am now using it to quilt my quilts, there are lots of embroidery patterns that have just quilting lines. You can also make your own designs if you have the software.
Old 08-14-2011, 11:25 AM

I like to make applique quilts with mine and embellish purses. I don't use it a ton, but I am very glad I have it. Janome 9500
Old 08-14-2011, 11:59 AM

OK Ladies and Gents. I guess I better get back to incorporating my embroidery with my quilts. And I do use it to quilt together a quilt. It is a pain to move the hoop but the back looks great especially when the back is solid fleece.
Some day I'll learn how to include pictures.
Old 08-14-2011, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by JanetM
Here is a quilt I made with my embroidery machine. Machine applique. The picture was taken at my sister's before I did the binding.
Nice sampler quilt - love the colors and layout!
Old 08-14-2011, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by nance-ell
I've noticed that a lot of you own an embroidery machine or a sewing/embroidery combo. How often do you use embroidery and for what? Do you embellish quilts? Decorate clothing, household goods, totes and bags? DH keeps telling me I need an embroidery machine, but I'm really not sure it would get that much use. Pics of all your handiwork are greatly appreciated! :-)
I made a pair of pillow cases for each of my 16 grandchildren (Christmas present) and embroidered the 'cuff' on each case. Now I'm trying to figure out how to made and quilt place mats with the center being a flower pot of the month with an arrangement of flowers in them. I'm also going to use those embroidered blocks to make table runners if I can figure out how to make them. I've made lots of dish towels with the date and a design on a corner (my giftees seem to really love these) And all my grandkids have received a hand towel with their monogram and a small design which shows their main interest. Also very well received. I just finished buying and downloading over 30 patterns and can hardly wait to stitch them out to see how I want to use them.

Derla
Old 08-14-2011, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by JudyG
Originally Posted by suedonnie
Where do you get the picture embroidery designs?
I get most of mine from bfc-creations: http://bfc-creations.com/Designs/000menus/Windows.html

Anita Goodesigns also has some picture designs: http://www.anitagoodesignonline.com/?cat=56
Nice sites, I haven't see these before, thanks for the link, I use my Viking for quilt embelishments, quilt name plates, designs on denim bags, quilting, gift cards, pretty much anything that comes to mind. I love to check out new designs.
Old 08-14-2011, 12:34 PM

Thank you RkayD for providing these embroidery sites, they were all new to me. Now I have more places to get designs.
Old 08-14-2011, 12:41 PM

I made a wedding quilt with names and embroidered leaves to hang at my son's reception, a Bazoople baby quilt with embroidery of the design in the center, and a HS reunion quilt. Two of them are from the Speedy Baby Quilt II that has a 16 1/2" center you can embroider. That is just a few of the things, I put embroider designs and names on the top of Christmas stockings - http://www.nealsew.com/files/StockingDirections.PDF

I made a baby quilt by doing some of the blocks applique in the hoop from Anita Goodesign, Ahoy Baby. I used the same fabric from the other blocks for the applique and it blended the quilt so well with the sailboat blocks.

I like doing freestanding bookmarks in the hoop to give as gifts. Come to think of it, most of the embroidery I do are gifts!

I have a 10001 Janome Memory Craft for sale on the board since I have two embroidery machines - the one I am keeping has a few more advanced features. The Janome is in my avatar picture.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-241774.jpe
Views:	527
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	241780   Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-241775.jpe
Views:	543
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	241781   Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-241776.jpe
Views:	614
Size:	70.9 KB