Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
August Secret Pal Swap CLOSED >

August Secret Pal Swap CLOSED

August Secret Pal Swap CLOSED

Old 08-21-2011, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by Diana Lynne
I have a question..My brother works at an auction and he brought me three big boxes of patterns..Mostly are for girls from ages 12 months to 12 years old..They are vintage patterns and almost everyone is brand new..never been opened..I can not sew clothes and I was wondering if anyone maybe interested in them..I have often thought of adding them in my packages but never know who does sew clothes for children/grandchildren..
Yah, I have two neices. One is 6 and one is 9, so send some on if you get my name next time :) Thanks for the offer!
Old 08-21-2011, 11:30 AM

I have started a thread for revamping the questions for the Secret Pal Swap please feel free to add your thoughts.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-146785-1.htm
Old 08-21-2011, 11:50 AM

Wow there have been a lot of wonderful packages this month. I can't wait until next month. I hope everyone is feeling better. I'm going to try and get started on my son's quilt today. I'm hoping to get all the cutting done at least.
Old 08-21-2011, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy
When I go to Walmart I always get 2 of the qullt patterns one for me and 1 for my sp. I had a lady give me a stack of 13 magazines from 1987 to 2009. She can no longer quilt because of her sight and arthritis. Would these be good for secret pals swap or are they to old to be of interest to anyone? I will look through them first but was wondering if these would be good to pass along with my future package?
Absolutely. How fun. My Mom passes some of her's to me, and some of them are inspirational.
Old 08-21-2011, 02:08 PM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by dabbler312
Wanted to share a photo of the awesome package I received from Donna H-M; I love love love the mug rug and thirties fabric; she chose beautifully. Thanks again Donna - this is my first mug rug ever.
Oh my gosh ... that is too cute.
Old 08-21-2011, 02:08 PM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by Havplenty
my sp swap partner tmw aka thelma received her package from me today and is not able to post pics so gave me permission to do so for her.

i remembered to take a pic this time around so i am more than happy to post it for her.
Fabulous package!
Old 08-21-2011, 02:16 PM

The question is which shores is it heading for? Could it be UK, have not seen many hints for packages heading my way, although I look every day (at least once).

Canny

Originally Posted by sik1010
arizonagirl and candi, I truly appreciate the strong vote of confidence that you are passing out! I could mention that as far as insanity or craziness goes--it takes one to know one! LOL!

For the stalkers, I sent 2 packages last week--one went South of me and the other left our shores.
Old 08-21-2011, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by kimscruzer
Spooktacular Too by Debbie Taylor Kerman for Henry Glass Fabrics
Scattered pumpkins with cats and mice on orange background
Cotton novelty fabric
Originally Posted by SharonAnne
Originally Posted by kimscruzer
Here is what I got from my August Secret Pal Jaciqltznok ! Thanks!
That pumpkin fabric is soooo adorable. Do you know who makes it or what the name of the pattern is?
Thanks Kimberly - I'll be hunting that fabric down for my DGKs.

Wow, I'm 25 pages behind in my this thread. Just got home from a weekend away with DH, but now I'm back and can't wait to see more goodie pictures. I really should sign off of the board when I'm not using it so it doesn't constantly say I'm online when I really am not...
Old 08-21-2011, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by cannyquilter
The question is which shores is it heading for? Could it be UK, have not seen many hints for packages heading my way, although I look every day (at least once).

Canny

Originally Posted by sik1010
arizonagirl and candi, I truly appreciate the strong vote of confidence that you are passing out! I could mention that as far as insanity or craziness goes--it takes one to know one! LOL!

For the stalkers, I sent 2 packages last week--one went South of me and the other left our shores.
Canny, I believe it will cross the English Channel, but they weren't very clear on the route it was taking when I sent it. Is that helpful?
Sarah
Old 08-21-2011, 03:03 PM

I received a wonderful package from Busy Mom on Friday. Computer would not load message after multiple attempts. Right now is the first opportunity I have had to post the photo.

I received wonderful batik fat quarters that I will use in my flip flop block quilt, pins, notepad, lovely buttons, a kitty head cookie cutter, cat toys for my kitties, a cake tester and two bags of candy.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-244875.jpe
Views:	68
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	244881   Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-244876.jpe
Views:	68
Size:	71.8 KB
ID:	244882   Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-244877.jpe
Views:	66
Size:	64.8 KB