Neighbor with beehive?!!?!

Old 08-26-2011, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by Maride
Why create trouble when you are not sure if there is any? Find out from them before you get anyone else involved. Is their home.
I totally agree and this is not the only incident where people should ask before calling there are many more ,why create tension when there is no need.JMHO
Old 08-26-2011, 03:06 PM

If you people think the government stooges (even at the city or county level) are neutral third parties you haven't been reading some of the recent news stories.
Do whatever you feel comfortable doing.
I would just wait & see what those things are. May not be bee hives at all.
If it was me, I wouldn't call anyone in govt.
Old 08-26-2011, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by Peckish
I stepped onto my deck this morning and saw this in my neighbor's back yard. Is it just me, or do those look like beehive boxes?? I sure hope my neighbor is NOT getting bees. I am not in the country, this is a neighborhood filled with children. My husband is EXTREMELY allergic to bee stings.

Sigh. I guess I'd better get on the phone to the county.
I would go ahead and call code enforcement. Unless the code enforcement officer is a total jerk, they don't give out tickets for the 1st time they come out there. They generally explain what, if anything, you've done wrong and tell you what you need to do to fix it. They then give you a time frame for taking care of the issue. We had code enforcement come to our house for our garden (the neighbors didn't like it and thought it was overgrown) and that is exactly what happened.
Old 08-26-2011, 03:31 PM

sounds to me you had already desided not to like your neighbors,so you will make it hard for them to enjoy america.Land of the free?
Old 08-26-2011, 03:45 PM

I have found that pictures sometimes help in communicating with people who don't speak the language I do. There is a site where I have found many pictures to match with vocabulary words for kids. It is: www.synonyms.net (There are probably other sites, also.)

{If you don't know how to get the pictures - pull up the workd you want, R click on the picture you want & copy. Have MS Word pulled up, paste on the Word page. If you want the picture to be bigger, click on a corner and pull mouse out so picture enlarges.}

This is just a thought, I am not piling on you or criticizing you. I am very sorry you are offended by some of the posts - (((HUGS))) Your son's friend who speaks their language is a good idea, also.

I have found that when I tried to use a translation site on the web that the computer prints the translation quite literally and not always in a way that a person speaking that language can understand. (That's just my experience)

Again (((HUGS))) I am sure no one intended to offend you. Some of us just speak our own truth/opinion quite blatantly. You don't need to take it personally, it is just someone's opinion. Take it or "be a duck" (let it roll off your back). Ultimately, it is your choice what you do.
Old 08-26-2011, 06:00 PM

[/quote]Those boxes are 5 feet from the fence, and we still need to mow and use the weedeater - not to mention using the pool.[/quote]

If those boxes are on their deck and still only 5' from the fence, I would hate to be in their position and have to listen to the noise from the pool all the time. Not being able to have your back door open, or windows since we've finally got nice weather.

Ever stop to think what their thoughts are????
Old 08-26-2011, 06:38 PM

Peckish, I'm curious as to what you find out those boxes are, and how you choose to handle your neighbors.

I know sometimes I've lived too close to other people and grumble about them (I called a recent neighbor "Cat Lady")... but if I were a fly on their wall I'd probably hear some stuff about me too!

Good luck to you. :)
Old 08-26-2011, 06:49 PM

I thought you were talking about a hairdo. Those aren't bee supers, or boxes as you called them. At least they don't look like any we ever had.
Old 08-26-2011, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by Peckish
I'm curious - why is everyone so against me calling the county? They have translators on staff who could inform the neighbors that they cannot have a beehive in this location. Isn't that the job of code enforcement? Or whatever department this falls under?

Finding a translator on my own would be difficult, I don't know anyone who speaks their language. I don't even know what language it is!
Do you realize that honey bees are extremely docile and do not normally sting? I would worry so much more about the wasps and hornet that are univited!
Old 08-26-2011, 07:43 PM

Ha ha. Guess bees are better than opinions!

Originally Posted by kaykwilts
wow....hard to believe this topic hasn't gone to the "topic not found" sinkhole....