Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
"Quilt In A Day" an opinion on their fabric please >

"Quilt In A Day" an opinion on their fabric please

"Quilt In A Day" an opinion on their fabric please

Old 08-27-2011, 06:26 PM

I love Eleanor Burns books. They are a great tool to use to increase your piecing skills. Over the last 6 years, I have brought a lot of her fabric and small kits! I highly recommend buying from the website. I get weekly emails from her sites. I alwyas wiat until I see one comes through for reduced or no shipping.
Old 08-27-2011, 07:13 PM

Just received fabric today from "Quilt in a Day" This is the first time I've ordered from her. The fabric was beautiful quality and just the color I was hoping for. They cut it....instead of ripping it.
Old 08-27-2011, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by majormom
Is she the lady that throws fabric away over her shoulder if something doesn't come our right?
No No No Majormom - throwing her scrap over her shoulder is her trade mark. Everything always goes Eleanor's way - she's a real trouper, great quilter and a real entertaining lady. First Lady, Eleanor Burns - lol

Thanks to all for your heads up and help. I'll post when my order arrives and post pics of my FIRST quilting project. Sewing room now organized - just waiting on fabric.
Old 08-27-2011, 09:50 PM

I've shopped at the store in San Marcos, not far from me, and I love the fabric in the shop. I also like my fabric torn, not cut, so I'm totally happy with the fabric and service. Have never order by mail because they are close to me. In my opinion, it's a good shop and would have no problem recommending them. My favorite online shop is Hawthorne Threads, I find the best fabric lines at the best prices. A husband and wife shop and they just really seem like a next door neighbor.

U
Originally Posted by malfromcessnock
In Eleanor's 25th Anniversary "love the log cabin quilt" video she tells about how "her Bill" left her with her two boys for greener pastures. It was truly heart rendering. I sent it to my daughters so we could share it together.
I think she's especially lovely and very generous with all her free videos and patterns. (But I still wouldn't go to her Block Parties - lol)
I think I'll comment with my order, not to TEAR my fabric. Probably some slack sales assistant.
Thanks for all your help ladies.
Old 08-28-2011, 09:42 AM

EVERYTHING I HAVE ORDERED FROM ELEANOR BURNS HAS BEEN VERY GOOD QUALITY. LOVE HER BOOKS AND HER PROGRAM.
Old 08-28-2011, 09:57 AM

I have bought fabric several times from QIAD and Elenor Burns sites and I have NEVER had it ripped. It has always been cut. I love the quality and they also seem to send a bit extra. One time I bought a closeout and they gave me an extra 1/2 yard.
Old 08-28-2011, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by malfromcessnock
Hi ladies

I live in Australia and after a tip from this board, have really enjoyed watching Elleanor Burns videos in her theatre.

I've just discovered they have an online shop, "Quilt In A Day" and am eager to purchase some of her fabric, partly as a thank you for all the free videos I have learnt from and partly to develope a nice little stash.

Her prices, at least in Aussie terms are dirt cheap - $3 to $10 a yard.

Do any of you ladies shop there? If you do, can you please give me a recommendation?

I want to buy one of her books, some rulers and fabric and am excited - but I'd hate to place a nice order if the fabric isn't very good.

I really appreciate this board's help.
Eleanor Burn's shop "Quilt in a Day" is located in San Marcos, CA and I have shopped there. You can order with confidence. All of her fabric is first quality LQS fabric. She just has amazing sales to make room for new fabric. The last time I was there (last month) she had rack after rack of $4 fabric.

Eleanor Burns by the way is a wonderful humble, sweet, and generous woman. I can't say enough about her...love her.

I have no affiliation with her shop. I am just one of her biggest fans.
Old 08-28-2011, 04:57 PM

JanetM, isn't it wonderful when people speak so highly of us. I think you must be a wonderful person too!
BTW Love your little love birds, they're so cute.
Old 08-28-2011, 07:22 PM

I like her show and books. Did purchase fabric I liked once once, but did not pay attention who the maker was. I won't do that again. The fabric was paper thin.

I have fabric in my stash I purchased before I learned about maker quality that is just as thin-no name kind. I have them ready for the next yard sale.

Keep in mind that this the opinon of one person.
Old 08-29-2011, 07:32 AM

I have been buying from ConnectingThreads.com and really like the feel of the fabric and they always have something on sale that I like!