Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Paypal~~Please read >

Paypal~~Please read

Paypal~~Please read

Old 08-29-2011, 04:27 AM

Thanks for the heads up!!
Old 08-29-2011, 04:30 AM

Thanks for all the information. I have never received an email like that from PayPal but seems everyone else sends me one.
Old 08-29-2011, 04:33 AM

What is so scary about these types of emails is they resemble the real company quite a bit. My dm has recently started using a computer because she wasnted email. She's in her 80's now.

Every once in awhile she'll call me all in a panic about a bank wants her to log into her account and do something....I ask her to forward me the emails and it's always something bogus.

She doesn't even own a credit card. But if she knew just a little bit more about computers she would be logging in and giving her account information to everyone who asked.
Old 08-29-2011, 04:40 AM

Originally Posted by bearisgray
Originally Posted by Amythyst02
Originally Posted by bearisgray
you can also forward the e-mail to PayPal at the following address:

[email protected]

This is the PayPal site for "How do I report PayPal fraud or a PayPal Scam?"

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=xpt/Help/general/TopQuestion4-outside]https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...stion4-outside[/url]
Thanks for including that info, I should have done that !!! I was just in a hurry to get it posted.
I was soooo dumb once and fell for that because I had a hard time finding the info on PayPal about what to do. The e-mail looked so real to me - and even the spelling and grammar was good in it!

Finally found a phone number the next day and called PayPal and the PayPal person said CANCEL THAT CARD AT ONCE and get a new one.
:oops: :oops: :oops:
I did the same thing and cancelled my card within three minutes of giving my info. I realized it didn't seem right. Now I know better.
Old 08-29-2011, 04:42 AM

I get these fairly often. I ignore them. I have been getting some e-mails that seem to be from AARP, but I don't open them. If AARP wants me to know something, they have my snail mail address.
Old 08-29-2011, 04:44 AM

thanks for the info.....
Old 08-29-2011, 04:47 AM

We have recently received phone calls and emails regarding our account with Wells Fargo. And earlier with Chase Bank. Just remember if you have an account with anyone, they already have this information. Do not call these numbers back or provide any private information to anyone. If you need to check, please contact your bank, paypal, etc directly with a known number (not the one you receive in the emails or phone calls). We are often too quick to respond to these "urgent" calls and it can be devastating to our accounts. We contacted Wells Fargo directly and found this to be a scam. BE SAFE!!!!
Old 08-29-2011, 04:59 AM

Thank you so much for the Paypal info. I have gone through this with other accounts I have and now this one. So thoughtful of you to pass it along, again, thank you.
Old 08-29-2011, 04:59 AM

I've received dozens of these emails. I return them to Paypal, by sending them to [email protected]. I always do it that way, so they can check into it and stop the people that do these scams....or at least slow them down.
Old 08-29-2011, 05:03 AM

Thank you for posting this about Paypal. I will never, ever use paypal again! It happened to me and whomever attempted to take out over $3000 from my account. Through Western Union and it was going to England! I was fortunate to have Western Union stop it after my deputy sheriff son-in-law spoke with Western Union! I cancelled my paypal and am happy that things are okay! I was one of the "stupid" ones who opened the email and replied. So beware...just don't open it...