Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Menopausal Women of the Corn -An Essay >

Menopausal Women of the Corn -An Essay

Menopausal Women of the Corn -An Essay

Old 08-31-2011, 07:50 AM

awesome. glad someone could explain this new part of my life. now i know what a beef walk is too.
Old 08-31-2011, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by Nikki
awesome. glad someone could explain this new part of my life. now i know what a beef walk is too.
LOL Nikki: at least we are learning something hahaha
Old 08-31-2011, 08:00 AM

I told my OB/GYN that God obviously holds grudges. Eve ate that apple - we get menstruation, bad cramps then you get pregnant. Gained like 50 lbs, tons of stretch marks on my previously non-existant breasts and then the pleasure of delivering (natural childbirth) an 11 lb 1oz baby boy who grabbed a hold of my bladder on the way out while he was cracking my pelvis. Then to top it off - MENOPAUSE. Please God, give us women a break.
Old 08-31-2011, 08:04 AM

Thank you so much for being brave enough to share... it was a comfort to me. All this time, I thought the extra "air" was just payback for all the times I made fun of my Mother! I always tell my daughters she must be rolling around on a cloud up in Heaven laughing her head off!
Old 08-31-2011, 08:05 AM

And men think we are just complaining all the time - I think men should have the first baby - have monthly periods till they are 60 - have the backaches,headaches, and cramps we do - and then let them go through menopause with us - THEN LET US SEE WHO CAN COMPLAIN - I do not have much feeling for men who can't have any sympathy for what us women have to go through - they think it's just us complaining - I hope they enjoy themselves immensely through old age and I don't want to hear one word about aching and paining from from any of them! AMEN.
Old 08-31-2011, 09:02 AM

How true. We are unique as women. How funny to see all that written tho.
Old 08-31-2011, 09:03 AM

you are one funny girl!
Old 08-31-2011, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by jad1044
And men think we are just complaining all the time - I think men should have the first baby - have monthly periods till they are 60 - have the backaches,headaches, and cramps we do - and then let them go through menopause with us - THEN LET US SEE WHO CAN COMPLAIN - I do not have much feeling for men who can't have any sympathy for what us women have to go through - they think it's just us complaining - I hope they enjoy themselves immensely through old age and I don't want to hear one word about aching and paining from from any of them! AMEN.
I agree with Jad1044. I'm 67 and still have 'troubles' from time to time and I thought this 'business' would be all over in a few years when it started back when I was in my late 40's. Been to 3 OBG's and hear the same from all 3, "lets just wait and see how things go". OK, we're going on 15 years now. The mood swings have really tappered off and without drugs too. I took hormones and it seemed to makes things worse, so I stopped those. Like some of you gals, I got hair in places I didn't know hair could grow. What is with that anyway??? Geez, getting old and fuzzy!!
Old 08-31-2011, 09:46 AM

You are very funny!
I lived a preview of this when I lost my thyroid.
It is not nice!
I know what the future holds for me!
Thanks for describe all the detail!
One arm!
Old 08-31-2011, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by bearisgray
Actually, some of us do go through menopause with the only major symptom being a cessation of menstrual periods.

One is not necessarily "doomed" to misery for several years.
That was me! Edie