Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed >

September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

Old 09-12-2011, 06:42 PM

Ohh this could be me!!! Going to have to stalk the post man in my car as I am to tired to walk out the 500ft driveway after dancing hte night away at my sister's wedding this weekend.

1. Scrappy Batik Flip Flop Quilt
2. purple, teal and pink
3. 2 cats and a dog
4. Live in New York and its been beautiful

Originally Posted by candi
Well, what I ordered for my SP didn't arrive in today's mail, so it won't be until next week until I get what I ordered for my special SP, that will make my package late, and I would hate that, so a partial package went out today to be followed by the special item next week. Now for the hints:

SP#1:
1- You mentioned one specific item twice on your form, I ordered it for you, but will ship separately when it arrives. The items are needed for a quilt you are working on, I hope there aren't many duplicates. Got it?

2- Both of your favorite colors are amongst my favorites too, but your least favorite is a favorite for me too. And BTW, you once knew my favorite colors. :mrgreen:

3- You have pets.

4- You are north of me and had a high temperature of 79 today.

Your package should be there on Tuesday :P
Old 09-12-2011, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by Gigi07
Surprise... Surprise!!!! I got my SP package today! It came at just the right time. I really needed a pick me up today.. Thanks so much Candi! Ha.. I have been reading the clues and your was the only ones that even came close and to think you was my SP a couple of months ago! I love every thing and the chocolate came through fine.. not melted at all.. The 4 legged kids didn't want to wait until I got the picture taken for their treats... I love the pattern and fabrics also... Thank you very much... love the package...
Gina, do you think Lori planned this one? :mrgreen: I am still waiting on something I ordered for you. Hopefully it'll arrive this week and I will send it your way.
Old 09-12-2011, 07:08 PM

Sorry, mamaheath, Gina got that one.

Great packages today.
Looks like my other SP way west of me will be getting her package tomorrow.
Old 09-12-2011, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by LLWinston44
Wow, everyone is really getting their packages out!! I'm still working on filling mine!!! Better hurry, only 2 more days!! Lol it's just that this is my first, and I really want to make it nice.
Kim, don't stress about your package, I personally would love anything you sent. Am I your SP?
Old 09-12-2011, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by Neena
Received my secret pal package today from Patty/no screen name given. Goodies Galore!!! Great selvages...my favorite!! looked through them while I enjoyed one of the luscious Lindt Truffles she sent me...yummy! doesn't get much better...hehe. She also sent beautiful fabric, needles, bobbins, marking pen, quilt magazines and a lovely bookmark. Plus check out the pretty dish she sent me. I Love it! I have dubbed it my Special Sewing Room Snack dish because it is also dishwasher and microwave safe. Thank you so much Patty..you made my day!
Glad you liked your swap package,sorry I forgot to put my screen name on your note.Hope you enjoy the chocolate,had to get two of those.he-he
Old 09-12-2011, 07:14 PM

is anyone sending anything to texas!!!!! waiting, waiting, no clues that match me........sigh!!
Old 09-12-2011, 07:16 PM

Wow, everyone is really getting their packages out!! I'm still working on filling mine!!! Better hurry, only 2 more days!! Lol it's just that this is my first, and I really want to make it nice.
I'm sure it will be great - quilters are easy to please. If you are looking for some ideas you can always go back to the August SP threads to see photos of what people sent last month
Old 09-12-2011, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by Krystyna
I just finished making a pinwheel fall colors table runner and it is horrible. I sewed the rows together in the wrong order and didn't notice it until the mishappen binding was on and 1/3 of it was horribly quilted. It is a big mess. So ... I am saving it to send to ???
You can send it to me :) :) :) It sounds wonderful and so unique.

Also, praise God for the grace of those who did survive the attacks of 9-11, and sorrow for those who did lose loved ones.
Old 09-12-2011, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by candi
Kim, don't stress about your package, I personally would love anything you sent. Am I your SP?
lol. Thanks!!!! No, you're not...... wait, are we allowed to say tell??? lol......
Old 09-12-2011, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy
Does NOT look like a frog eater! What is her name?
Originally Posted by Tussymussy
I just purchased the pattern and now I'm getting scared. In a stinky mood to begin with, so perhaps this isn't the thing for me to start.

Took a nap thinking that would shake it off, but got up worse. I had a dream that my 80 year old aunt knocked at the door. Before I opened it, I noticed there was a small frog in the living room, but not to worry, because the mechanical clown balloon -robot was on the job chasing it. I opened the door and there was my aunt, a good 40 years younger and wearing a short plaid pleated skirt, knee socks and penny loafers. Just jumped up on a chair. Not because of the frog, but as a greeting. I turned around and there was my littlest dog inside a pretzel container with frog legs sticking out of her mouth.

Analyze that!
It is all metaphorical, Krystyna. The primitive part of your mind is changing what ever is bothering you from an emotional memory to a narrative one.
Why was my tiny girl eating a frog while crammed inside a pretzel jar? Does she LOOK like a frog chomper?
Check your pills lori thinking krystyna's been in them