Am I alone?

Old 09-12-2011, 10:22 PM

Yep, when I seriously started buying fabric for making quilts I learned that a line will just disappear and so that made me overbuy! Then you don't want to cut into it because it's the LAST TIME you'll ever see it ever again AHHHHH!!!! and I used to like this tuna flavoring called "Tuna Twist" does anyone remember it? There's no room on the shelves when manufacturers make one product in 10 different flavors either!
Old 09-13-2011, 02:43 AM

Last fall my Wal-Mart was not stocking the shelves with my favorite drink,their brand of pink lemonade. I asked every week if they were getting more in. Was it a season thing or what, no one knew. After a few weeks they had a big display
of it so I bought 2cs. This yr. I already bought my 2cs. just in case. Just staying prepare for them to take it off the shelves.(It's also low Sugar)
Old 09-14-2011, 05:30 AM

Originally Posted by caliquocat
Does anyone else get frustrated when manufacturers discontinue products that you love & have used for years?
It has happened to me again! :cry:
yes, yes, yes.
Old 09-14-2011, 05:32 AM

YES!! YES!! Really irks me when they do that!!
Old 09-14-2011, 05:55 AM

yes and just if frustrating is when a resturant has a menu item that you just love and will order it each time no matter what else you order and then you go in one day and it's not there or even worse; they have changed the complete way it was made. Very frustrating.
Old 09-15-2011, 01:26 AM

You are not alone. I have begun to think that I have odd taste in food, products and even television shows. So many things my family and I like end up fading away.
Old 09-15-2011, 05:23 AM

Originally Posted by Snorky Lvs2Quilt
I have been known to buy several pair of shoes or jeans or slacks, etc., at one time if they fit just perfectly and I was afraid I would not be able to find them again....thank goodness I did too!!
I wish I had done something like that. A couple of years ago I bought a pair of skinny jeans in WV at WM. It was the first pair that I really liked the fit. When I got home my daughter also liked them and it's the only ones she's ever liked. I went to WM to get another pair and they didn't sell that brand here. For a year my daughter hoarded them so I rarely got to wear them. When I went back to WV and tried to get more they no longer carried them. She just moved out and right now they are in my position and I'm going to try and keep it that way. Once she gets them it takes a while to get them back.
Old 09-17-2011, 04:35 PM

not only manufacturers, but stores will quit carrying my favorite products: Wal-mart (in our area)stopped carrying boxed Kraft Italian speghetti and enveloped mexican cornbread. They carry other Kraft products. When I asked the manager about it, he said the decision is made somewhere else and he has to carry what they tell him to. I don't know if that's the truth or just an answer to shut me up. So I started buying my groceries at Brookshires. good prices and good products. So I feel your pain.
Old 09-21-2011, 12:17 AM

Mine was an air freshener called Hawaiian Breeze, I think. It reminded me of the first step off the plane in Hawaii. It was sort of aroma therapy for me. Just smelling me put me in a happy mood because I love Hawaii. I haven't found anything to replace it.