Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Chiwoowoo Puppies, close call >

Chiwoowoo Puppies, close call

Chiwoowoo Puppies, close call

Old 09-15-2011, 05:42 AM

So scary!! Glad everyone is ok.
Old 09-15-2011, 05:50 AM

Originally Posted by karenpatrick
I coyote almost got my sweet little Shih Tzu Spike a few years ago, right in front of me. I shutter to think what might have happened if I hadn't been outside at the time. I had no time to get my gun, I just ran towards it and screamed. Spike was oblivious, it creeped up on him so quietly. Life in the country.
This one didn't make a sound. He blended in behind that bush. He waited until they were all three together, stepped out and grabbed the center one at the same time. One swift, silent movement. He was backing up when I ran at him. then turned. I think that's when he dropped Cisco. I heard him hit the ground and saw him run past me. He was pretty as coyotes go-very healthy looking. Reminded me of a smaller version of a gray wolf. If he had been rabid, he wouldn't have run from me or dropped Cisco. He also wouldn't have just grabbed him, he would have attacked him. Rabies makes animals crazed like a cat in NM that actually sat on his head in the cage and growled. This guy was hunting for easy prey and I almost delivered it to him.
Old 09-15-2011, 05:55 AM

Wow!! From someone who's Shih Tzu ended up in the middle of a tug of war with 2 Pit Bulls, those are some really lucky pups!!! Ours is fine now, but she had major damage to her lungs and ribs. Glad to hear they are all doing well!

Carrie
Old 09-15-2011, 06:09 AM

Location: Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!

omgoodness!! I hope the fur family is ok .. How are you ? (well besides mad and a loaded 22-which by the way I would of too !!)
Old 09-15-2011, 06:10 AM

So much for potty training, huh? Have you thought about "wee wee" pads? We have cayotes, too. So far none have gotten close but we can hear them pretty often. Scary when you have little animals! I am glad all is well and all of you are safe. I have loved watching the puppies grow.
Old 09-15-2011, 06:14 AM

Oh!! Poor little puppies! But I bet mama WooWoo would have given that bad intruder what for! LOL Pet all the little guys for all of us.
Old 09-15-2011, 06:30 AM

If I were you, I would shoot that Coyote asap! It will be back! Make sure you go out and check first before letting the pups out. AND make sure you go out WITH the gun!

We have coyotes here in Maine too but they have kept a little distance and didn't try anything so bold. However, years ago they did get my neighbor's cat right in the middle of the day. My neighbor was in the house, heard the cat scream and saw the coyote take off with it through the kitchen window.

I keep hoping and praying that the wolves move back into our area as we are pretty close to Canada. The coyotes will leave if the wolves come, and they are not as brazen.
Old 09-15-2011, 06:34 AM

I just came back in from taking Mom and Dad out and I had the gun with me. The babies will be using potty pads for a few days to give them a chance to feel better.
Old 09-15-2011, 06:43 AM

Location: Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!

Originally Posted by Selena
I just came back in from taking Mom and Dad out and I had the gun with me. The babies will be using potty pads for a few days to give them a chance to feel better.
Good idea(gun) & checking out the area around.. Hopefully they can move on and continue to use the outdoors for potty (till then potty pads a great idea!)
Old 09-15-2011, 06:46 AM

My Miniature Dachshund had puppies in July, we live in the woods so we have to watch out for the coyotes, turkey buzzards and hawks. I went out with them everytime, never left them out there by themselves. Also made our Shepherd go out with us. I would take my pistol too. They were so tiny it wouldn't have took anything for something to grab them. Thankfully they are all gone now so I don't have to worry about them anymore.