Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Anyone use Google Chrome as a browser? >

Anyone use Google Chrome as a browser?

Anyone use Google Chrome as a browser?

Old 09-15-2011, 11:24 AM

Wow - I just tried it now that I have seen some stuff here about operating it and other than having to sign into things again (passwords) all over again - so far I am impressed. It seems fast compared to what I had.
Old 09-15-2011, 12:02 PM

I went from the always slow IE to Firefox, then tried Chrome and didn't like it as much as Firefox so switched back. I love the tabs on Firefox and I don't think they had that feature when I used Chrome. I also love the ad blocker and the little space where you can put an icon for your favorite sites. Maybe Chrome has all of this now but I'm too happy to bother switching or trying it again.
Old 09-15-2011, 01:50 PM

I use Firefox and BF uses Chrome, he is only a computer geek on the hardware and doesn't do much surfing.
Old 09-15-2011, 02:13 PM

Just downloaded Google Chrome the other day but haven't tried it out yet. Firefox for me - for now. I still have IE on mine and HAVE TO use it at work. Probably the reason we have so much trouble with Siebel going down all the time.....
Old 09-15-2011, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by karenpatrick
I use it sometimes. When I'm on the board and try to reply to a post I always get an error message that says the site is not available. However, if I wait a few minutes my post shows up. anyone else have this problem or is it just me? I usually use IE for this board so I don't get this error message.
I get it with IE.
Old 09-15-2011, 04:52 PM

I've been using it for over a year and really like it. Rarely have a problem accessing any site and it's alerts are very good.
Old 09-15-2011, 05:53 PM

LOVE GC
Old 09-15-2011, 06:18 PM

I use Sea Monkey. I have used it ever since I got my first computer in 2002. You can get it a this website: http://www.seamonkey-project.org/releases/ I love that I can enlarge the text size with out changing any other thing on the page. I can also check my email by going to Window and choose Mail and Newsgroup. It helps if you have set Sea Monkey up to download your email from the web. Like having Road Runner as your email. I even got my hubby using Sea Monkey as his browser.You can open tabs in it just like IE but it is so much easier to use than IE. I have IE on this computer but I rarely use it.
Old 09-15-2011, 06:24 PM

I love Chrome! Be sure to get the Ad-Block Plus add-on, too (that goes for Chrome AND FireFox). No more ads! :thumbup:

FireFox is great, but I prefer Chrome since I play a couple of FaceBook games. It seems to be a bit faster and a bit more stable than FireFox when it comes to Flash games. :)
Old 09-15-2011, 07:08 PM

I have used Google Chrome off and on since my computer whiz son told me he uses it. I like it. I just haven't switched my email from yahoo and it is easy to access it from IE. I'm not really happy with IE though because it keeps shutting down while I'm using it. So I think I will finally make the switch since I can keep my email as it and still use GC. Good luck with your choice. You can try it and see if you like it. :)