Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Sad, but ......... >

Sad, but .........

Sad, but .........

Old 09-15-2011, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by RenaB
I would get it straight from the one that matters the most, the mother. Tell her exactly what you told us and tell her u want to respect her wishes.

I think she woukd appreciate and respect that u cared enough to ask.

If it was me, personally, I would want the memory of the twin that was lost to continue. The twin that lived will want to remember the memory of the brother that once shared a bond with him.

I think this is a wonderful idea...I'm the nana to two strapping 15-year old twin boys, and they are still each others best friends, so the living brother will always want to know about the one that is in heaven.
Old 09-15-2011, 05:22 PM

We lost a granddaughter right before her 5th birthday and my nephew lost a still born. Please, please ask the mom first. Somethings you receive help and other things are too painful. Only the parents can tell you what would be helpful. There is no predicting what will help and what will be a comfort without asking. Please ask first.
Old 09-15-2011, 05:55 PM

i think i would wait a little untill she can talk about it then make your decision. everyone feels different about their loss. good luck. sue
Old 09-15-2011, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by AFQSinc
I would still make it. I have a friend that lost one of her twins (they were born at 27 weeks) and she said that the thing that hurt the most was that people didn't acknowledge the baby that died. She believed that they were doing it because they didn't want to cause her additional pain or upset. The fact of the matter is that the other baby did exist and is loved as much as the one that survived.
I agree! It will also be a reminder to the twin that survived, when he is old enough to understand, that he had a brother.
Old 09-15-2011, 08:32 PM

thats a tough question but i would avoid mentioning anything with 2 in it
so sorry for her loss
Old 09-17-2011, 01:12 AM

Originally Posted by lindasidlow
Probably something else. On the other hand, 2 did come! You just cant predict how the mom will take either one. She could be sad OR mad that you left the other one out. Maybe wait awhile and see how she deals with the situation.
I would ask the mother if she wanted the quilt or for you to make another one for the family.
Old 09-17-2011, 02:14 AM

Originally Posted by sweetana3
I would make sure there was a wonderful rainbow and one dove flying. I agree with the others to go with your feelings and knowledge of the mother. It does not need to be a surprise.
I agree with this idea. My ddl lost a baby and she said too the part that hurt was others didn't acknowledge the baby.

Two babies were born, one went to heaven but he was here for a short time so yes follow your heart on this.
Old 09-17-2011, 04:36 AM

Please Please finish the Noah's ark as planned. I lost a son that was stillborn and it hurts everytime he is left out of the count of grandchildren. The baby did exist and needs to be counted. I also lost a daughter that died 2 hours after giving birth, she was 29 but I would still want her counted. So please do the mom a favor and count the one that passed away.
Old 09-17-2011, 05:20 AM

That's a hard one. My condolences to the family. I agree with the other readers, I would want the other baby acknowledged. But you know the mother best, and hopefully you can read her personality as to what she would want. I am not so sure I would give it immediately, I think time to let the loss sink in, and see how she does will be a big factor in your decision. She is still very blessed with the other baby that needs her.
Old 09-18-2011, 09:24 AM

Why not ask her.
Some people like to put this sort of thing our of their mind, others want to keep the memory alive.