do you do other crafts?

Old 09-16-2011, 06:10 PM

I make clothes for myself, sew crafts, altered books, crochet, teaching myself to knit, and some writing and also drawing, some painting. Just not enough hours in the day for all the neat stuff! Also love reading at bedtime.
Old 09-16-2011, 06:12 PM

In addition to quilting, I like to knit and crochet. Have done lots of stained glass in the past and enjoyed that. Now am learning to do wood carving.
This is the first piece I tried.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-257938.jpe
Views:	42
Size:	27.6 KB
ID:	257991  
Old 09-16-2011, 06:16 PM

I like all hand work. Cross stitch, embrodery etc... I did workworking, refinish old furniture, home remodeling. My life has taken a few changes over the last 5 years and I have narrowed my hobbies down to hand work and sewing. Gave away all my powertools, wood and paint brushes. Picking up more quilting and enjoying the time spent at my sewing maching.
Old 09-16-2011, 06:24 PM

Sew, knit, crochet, jewelery, scrapbooking, crafts. Never a dull moment here. :D
Old 09-16-2011, 06:32 PM

I love all the pics of what you ladies have been doing. It's so nice to others works or art. I don't know how to knit. I tried it and I'm so slow. I can crochet three times as fast. I may pic up those needles again this winter.
Old 09-16-2011, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by just janet
I crochet for Linus.
Do you supply your own supplies for Linus? Or do they send you stuff to work with for them? I'm curious!
Old 09-16-2011, 06:45 PM

I have too many. Cross stitch, embroidery, crochet, knit, sew, can, garden (flower and vegetable), hunt, fish and read.

I guess these would be hobbies, not all are crafts. I also ride motorcycles every chance i get. Road trips can be very creative. Clears the mind for the next project.

Forgot woodwork also.

I don't like to sit idle.
Old 09-16-2011, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by purplepamela
I have too many. Cross stitch, embroidery, crochet, knit, sew, can, garden (flower and vegetable), hunt, fish and read.

I guess these would be hobbies, not all are crafts. I also ride motorcycles every chance i get. Road trips can be very creative. Clears the mind for the next project.

Forgot woodwork also.
I love four wheeler riding. I'm always getting flowers and stuff. I love to walk in the woods too! But I usually don't do it unless my hubby is with me. Or hunting season is in so I can carry me a gun with me. You don't know who might be lurking in the woods or what!
Old 09-16-2011, 06:53 PM

Oil/watercolor paint very rarely, cross stitch, embroidery, knit, which led me to spinning wool, which led me to dyeing wool, polymer clay, tiny bit of beadwork and jewelry making, some card making. All I can think of right now.
First my main craft was cross stitch, then knitting, and now quilting seems to be taking over. I have thought about selling my spinning wheel and accessories and dyes to help get a nicer machine and frame. But will I pick those crafts back up and if I do will it be years down the road?

Decisions. Ugh.
Old 09-16-2011, 07:13 PM

Oh, I forgot. I picked up all my supplies to do the painting on jars. I can't wait to do some of those. I think I'll do quilt patterns first.