Stolen A/C

Old 09-17-2011, 03:34 PM

I am so sorry this happened to your church. Sadly we are hearing about these copper related thefts just about daily here in S.C., our paper has them constantly. It was a cool day here in S.C. today, hopefully the winds will bring you ca cool day for Sunday school tommorrow!
Old 09-17-2011, 04:07 PM
Power Poster

yep, i always wonder when watching shows like curb appeal or others that enhance a home and they install expensive copper gutter systems. people like to steal copper!!
Old 09-17-2011, 04:54 PM

A new law has recently been passed in S.C., stating that copper can not be legally sold to a recycle center without a valid license allowing you to have copper in your possesion. Recycle center requires you to show license with a picture ID. You are not paid in cash. Sorry about your lose at your church. My church has been broken into several times and stuff stolen.
Old 09-17-2011, 05:04 PM

So sad to here this. Its happening all over. Our national news service here in Canada had a peice on today about an eldery couple in Darthmouth Nova Scotia getting robbed of copper piping...value about $9.oo. Sadly it was attached to the fuel tank in their basement. The fuel leaked out into the basement and those dear eldery people are out of their house for months until that mess can be cleaned up. Thankfully their insurance will cover the replacement cost, but not the cost of finding housing. He's got terminal cancer and She's is frail. Breaks the heart. In the artical the Gentleman said "if he would have come to the door I would have given him the $9 bucks." May God provide for you and your church. God bless.
Old 09-17-2011, 06:11 PM

It makes me sad to hear stories like this. Why are some people so lazy they resort to destroying thousands of dollars of equipment for a very small amount of copper? There needs to be new laws and regulations for recycling centers so that the identity of these thieves is made available to law enforcement.