Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011 >

Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

Old 09-19-2011, 05:53 PM
Power Poster

Wow! That is a drastic reduction in room size Cre! I'm sure you have it all worked out by now though! Do have fun this weekend!
Old 09-19-2011, 11:01 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sandpat
Wow! That is a drastic reduction in room size Cre! I'm sure you have it all worked out by now though! Do have fun this weekend!
And don't forget the pics if you have the time!

Candi, I know what you are going through, I had to buy a new lappie on Saturday, as my old one died completely. I am having to contend with windows 7 instead of XP, I went up from a note book to a wide screen lappie, and fortunately, because I had an external back up system, my SIL was able to do a restore onto the new lappie for me. I have lost about three weeks of info (note to self, back up more often), but at least I still have upwards of 2 - 2,500 pics that I thought might have been lost. Phew!
Old 09-20-2011, 12:24 AM
Izy

SO THIS IS WHERE YOU ALL HAVE BEEN HIDING YOUR BEAUTIFUL WORK!!!!!!!!!

I wondered why I never saw anything related to the AOTH topics,when I check the board...guess I never look at the Block of the Month section!

Glad I found you all, now for some serious eye candy

Well done everyone!!

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 09-20-2011, 03:08 AM

Hi. Izy! Yup, we all hang out over here at Lesley's kitchen table. Pour yourself a cuppa & pull up a chair. Sometimes, Lesley even bakes for us, but mostly we just chat up a storm! Welcome.
are you going to join in on the fun of making an AOTH quilt with us?
Old 09-20-2011, 03:16 AM
Izy

Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts
Hi. Izy! Yup, we all hang out over here at Lesley's kitchen table. Pour yourself a cuppa & pull up a chair. Sometimes, Lesley even bakes for us, but mostly we just chat up a storm! Welcome.
are you going to join in on the fun of making an AOTH quilt with us?

Haha..I have just literally made a cuppa, sat down with feet up and decided to see what was happening while I have been busy cleaning the house!

Oh I wish I could commit, as I love applique but with my personal situation being as it is (DH terminal..) I have to fit in my sewing as and when I can! BUT I can check in on you all if that's ok and I keep in touch with my friend Elle who updates me regularly with her progress. I justn't didn't realise it was listed under BOM duh!!! Hormones I blame LOL! :lol: :D :roll:
Old 09-20-2011, 03:24 AM

I am so sorry about your DH. You are more than welcome to stop by whenever you get a chance. Yes, we are having fun. These blocks are turning out to be so pretty. Even though we are all using the same patterns, the blocks have taken on a life of their own. We all can't wait to see the next one somebody is working on.
Old 09-20-2011, 03:28 AM
Izy

Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts
I am so sorry about your DH. You are more than welcome to stop by whenever you get a chance. Yes, we are having fun. These blocks are turning out to be so pretty. Even though we are all using the same patterns, the blocks have taken on a life of their own. We all can't wait to see the next one somebody is working on.
Yes, they are amazing..I always love colours with black it is so eye catching! I have just done a cushion which has gone down a storm, mainly due to the Asian fabrics set off with black too!

Well I can't promise to post losts of comments on each different block but rest assured I am lurking and enjoying watching you all make such beautiful heirlooms and thinking...'One day, I might do something as stunning as these! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 09-20-2011, 04:45 AM

Originally Posted by Lacelady
Originally Posted by sandpat
And don't forget the pics if you have the time!

Candi, I know what you are going through, I had to buy a new lappie on Saturday, as my old one died completely. I am having to contend with windows 7 instead of XP, I went up from a note book to a wide screen lappie, and fortunately, because I had an external back up system, my SIL was able to do a restore onto the new lappie for me. I have lost about three weeks of info (note to self, back up more often), but at least I still have upwards of 2 - 2,500 pics that I thought might have been lost. Phew!
Yes, backing up often is the key. I had all the data on my laptop backed up, well, maybe some of the AOTH blocks weren't, but that is OK. I still haven't found the laptop I'd like to buy. I've had my last top for over 6 years before it met it's demise, so I will miss it, but on to new things now.
Glad you were able to get most of your data.
Old 09-20-2011, 09:52 AM

Hello again to all. I have been very busy and haven't been able to do any blocks for 3 months so I am glad that I worked ahead when I was away with hubby the last time. I am going with hubby next week so I will be able to get back to AOTH. You girls have really been busy. Everyone's blocks and centers looks great. I need to catch up on all the chat here
So happy to be getting back to quilting I have missed it so much but with so many GC I never have time for anything. I am glad they are all back to school. With the flood here it has been hard to even get anywhere.
Old 09-20-2011, 08:29 PM

HELP! I've finished hand-appliquing several blocks and now need to go back and do the embroidery. I want to use a gold metallic thread and continue hand-sewing. However, I've tried 4 different metallic threads and every one of them frays. Is there a "secret" to hand-sewing with metallic thread? What brands do you recommend??

Thanks!