Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
My DH hasn't a clue! >

My DH hasn't a clue!

My DH hasn't a clue!

Old 10-08-2011, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by AprilG
It's official. My Husband hasn't a clue about quilting! I just showed him the "flag" I just completed and he said, "It's a flag". I told him yes it is and I just made it. I took it over to him so he could see it better and he said the stars are all messed up! Yes dear. Never mind. I will no longer look to him for approval of my quilts! This is what the half finished top looks like. I now have to cut it in strips top to bottom and sew it together. It is from a pattern that I got at the Fort Worth quilt show. "Fratured Flag" by Cross Mountain Stitchery. MEN!!!!
Old 10-08-2011, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by Gramily
Originally Posted by AprilG
It's official. My Husband hasn't a clue about quilting! I just showed him the "flag" I just completed and he said, "It's a flag". I told him yes it is and I just made it. I took it over to him so he could see it better and he said the stars are all messed up! Yes dear. Never mind. I will no longer look to him for approval of my quilts! This is what the half finished top looks like. I now have to cut it in strips top to bottom and sew it together. It is from a pattern that I got at the Fort Worth quilt show. "Fratured Flag" by Cross Mountain Stitchery. MEN!!!!
I have been married to one like this for 51 years. I stopped showing him my progress on my quilts about a year ago. I had shown him a completed BLUE batik quilt. He said, "nice quilt but I would like it better if were blue." he thought it was brown!!!!
Old 10-08-2011, 11:22 AM

Wonderful job. Bless you for all your hard work.
Old 10-08-2011, 11:35 AM

Isn't it nice to have other quilters give their opinion. :) Nice work, I think.
Old 10-08-2011, 12:51 PM

My wonderful DH thinks it's amazing the things I do when I cut fabric apart and sew it back together. :D
And I often ask his opinion about something in a quilt.. does this go, or how is this... because he likes that I include him... He never offers it unless I ask. And when I do ask, he is honest and says what he really thinks.
We have a great rapport about my quilting. Smilesssss
Old 10-08-2011, 01:45 PM

I've had similar experiences when showing my best work to men who don't get it. It is disappointing at best.The following may be true: In their work lives they are used to giving a quick overview, searching material for errors and that seems to be what catches their thinking, not the whole effort. They are rather blunt in their reply. Don't give up enticing him to enjoy art...lead him in to the appreciation of the color, the design and remembering when you pulled material together. That will draw them into thinking more deeply....after all, this work is not their forte.
Old 10-08-2011, 01:55 PM

Great Quilt, I think the stars wave
Old 10-08-2011, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by Jennifer22206
well, I think it's really pretty. :)
Me too.
Old 10-08-2011, 03:53 PM

My husband would just love it . He is very patriot. And he even brags that I make quilts. I know that their are quilters who do much more than me but he is always telling them . You should see the quilt that Rosie made. He is a great encourager. I am Blessed. The only thing he every says in the negative.Why don't you see them. I want my daughters, SIL and all five of my grandchildren to have not only their baby quilts but also a big quilt so they can remember nana. I want them to know that they were all special and I want to keep them warm.
Old 10-08-2011, 03:59 PM

Why do you have to cut it?