Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011 >

Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

Old 10-09-2011, 05:55 PM

Sign me up for a 55 gallon drum of the stuff!

Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts
Originally Posted by Shemjo
I have my fabric, and the book. Now I need time!
Is this "time" something we can buy? Do they carry it at Walmart? Wouldn't it be great if we could buy a can or jar or crate of it?
Old 10-09-2011, 06:54 PM

I am going to do the 7 inch blocks. needleturn and I will embellish them.Will start tonight to gather my supplies and make my templates. will stitch starting tomorrow.I am so excited.Don't think I am crazy I am also working on my Dear Jane. This gives me more then one project to keep me busy
Old 10-09-2011, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by retirednana
I am going to do the 7 inch blocks. needleturn and I will embellish them.Will start tonight to gather my supplies and make my templates. will stitch starting tomorrow.I am so excited.Don't think I am crazy I am also working on my Dear Jane. This gives me more then one project to keep me busy
Nana - I am still hand quilting my baby Jane, Jane's Journey. It was around this time last year that I finished the top & began quilting her. I started hand piecing the blocks in 1997. I hope to have her finished before her 21st birthday!!!
Old 10-09-2011, 09:44 PM

When you find some jars of "time" to purchase Kathy you had better label one "designated time for Jane".
Old 10-10-2011, 03:30 AM

Originally Posted by Deecee
When you find some jars of "time" to purchase Kathy you had better label one "designated time for Jane".
Deecee, IF it ever gets cold, I like to snuggle underneath her while quilting her. Last winter didn't have many of those days & they're predicting more of the same this winter. Not that I'm comlaining, but I'm more used to nasty cold snowy winters than what we have here. It's hard to feel "Holiday" spirit when it's 75°. However, the longer it stays warm, the more time I have to work on AOTH. :-)
Old 10-10-2011, 04:40 AM

I am up for buying some of that "time" too. As you know I have the center done with first border,I lack #1 block to have the right side next row of blocks done. Hope to start on it today. Have to go get my flu shot today. Dont forget to do this guys, especially the ones of you that have respiratory problems as I do. Still cant get enough of this "thread" lol
Old 10-10-2011, 12:43 PM

Kathy it's great to snuggle under a quilt whilst quilting but not much of that will happen here at the moment.

Our "Holiday spirit" here comes complete with sunshine, heat and more heat, BBQ's and swimming.
Old 10-10-2011, 02:06 PM

I'm back home again and it feels so good. My DD's wedding was wonderful and if I do say so myself, she was a gorgeous bride. I was able to deliver the finished T-shirt quilt to my DGS and what a relief to have 1 less project looming over my head. Welcome retirednana. Glad to have you with us. :) :) :)
Old 10-10-2011, 03:53 PM

Losie, congrats on your DD's wedding.

Funny about the weather and " Holiday Spirit", when I first moved from MI to HI, it was odd to not have snow for Christmas...it took me to the last minute to put the tree up as it " didn't feel like Christmas. Then many years later, we spent one Christmas in Spokane, WA with lots of snow, I disliked it so much and missed my warm Christmas, lol.
Old 10-10-2011, 04:39 PM

Oh, yeah, I don't think I'll be trading the warm for the snow any time too soon. If we were to move back to Wisconsin, it'd have to be a condo - on the 2nd floor or higher, with underground or inside parking. I have the exact place in mind, but not sure we could afford it! Right across from the zoo on Bluemound. HOA fees to include all snow removal, no more snowblower for us.