Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
My heart is breaking... >

My heart is breaking...

My heart is breaking...

Old 10-10-2011, 01:01 PM

i know what you man, I work two days at a quilt shop and my husband says I dont go to work I go tothe play house.... good luck, when one door closes one will open somehow..... good luck
Old 10-10-2011, 01:01 PM

i know what you man, I work two days at a quilt shop and my husband says I dont go to work I go tothe play house.... good luck, when one door closes one will open somehow..... good luck
Old 10-10-2011, 02:10 PM

I am so sorry to hear this. A quilt shop becomes a community. I hope there is a miracle in this.
Old 10-10-2011, 02:34 PM

Sorry this has happened, lets hope for a miracle.
Old 10-10-2011, 02:54 PM

So So Sad .. I loved that store . My guess is that the Country primative store downstairs is now out of the question. I know the Hayloft was looking into that .I want to get back up there before you close in Nov. I wish you all the best of luck in what ever you do . please keep us posted .Is there any news on youre web site ?
grammy Bev
Old 10-10-2011, 03:10 PM

I emailed them to make sure if they would be open on Thursday and they emailed back that they will be closing on November 5th.....so sad!
Old 10-10-2011, 03:24 PM
Power Poster

I'm so sorry to hear that. Too often a large corporation owns a building with businesses in it and they just want out. I remember when a JoAnn's store, the closest store to me, closed. The reason they closed was because the owner of the mall wanted to triple their rent and it was way too expensive. This was one of the top selling JoAnn Stores in the area, a store which had a huge turnover, but they left and it was almost a year before something moved into that space. Seems to me the owner of the strip mall really ________ himself by raising the rent that high, instead of more money, he got nothing. Now that's a good business practice. NOT. I hope you can find a job soon, it's not easy out there, I know. I finally had to stop looking, as it's pretty hard to get a job if you can't even get an interview and that was almost 6 years ago, but two days before I was laid off (for the second time in one year) my husband became disabled and I had to take care of him. Not fair, but what are you going to do. Keep the faith.
Old 10-10-2011, 03:33 PM

I just visited Hayloft today. You can tell a lot of their stock is already gone. I would say maybe 25% of their bolts are gone. Still a good selection though. We had to wait on line for a long time to get our fabric cut (about 45 minutes). All the people in line were commiserating with each other. I felt so sad leaving.
Old 10-10-2011, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by SeamRipper
Originally Posted by MTS
Hayloft in Morgantown?

I had thought they might be able work something out.
Very sad.
Bingo. Are you a regular?
That's a major bummer! I was a regular until we moved to Wyoming... The Hayloft was one of many stops on our monthly trips to Lancaster County. My heart goes out to you and my fingers are crossed that something wonderful comes from this!
Old 10-10-2011, 05:23 PM

So sad.