Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
The speicalness of a quilt when someone passes. >

The speicalness of a quilt when someone passes.

The speicalness of a quilt when someone passes.

Old 10-11-2011, 06:51 AM

I'm so sorry for your loss, and so happy for you that you were able to spend your mother's last days with her. I lost my dad last year and know how precious those last days are. Bless You.
Old 10-11-2011, 07:04 AM

So sorry for your loss, I am glad that you have the quilts as a comfort to your family.
Old 10-11-2011, 07:12 AM

My condolences at this sad time-glad you found the quilts,as they will be great reminders for you and your sister.
Old 10-11-2011, 07:26 AM

I'm sorry about your loss; your comments were beautiful. I especially liked your last comment, "Don't let perfection rob you of making quilts for those you love!" Very important for us all to remember.
Old 10-11-2011, 08:05 AM

It is so true that a quilt has a special magic about it to anyone who receives one. My sister just loss her 10 year old daughter--who just slipped away in her sleep. She is finally accepting that she no longer has her and she asked me to make a quilt from her daughter's clothes. I grew up seeing quilts made from scraps and clothing and I am now in the process of doing this for my sister. I hope this part of her will continue to help her heart heal from her loss. To you and your family--cling to fond memories--and the quilts--as I have a number of my grandmother's quilts--I speak of her as she is still with me--of course through the fond memories of our times together--they live on. Hugs, Auian
Old 10-11-2011, 08:13 AM

Beautiful thoughts and my sadness for you losing your mother. When my little grand daughter's parents divorced she wrapped her blankie around her and told me it was her Daddy's love. She kept it all her life.
Old 10-11-2011, 08:16 AM

Aw....that's so sweet. Thanks for sharing your story. Sorry for your loss. I lost my mom a year and half ago. I'm with you on the part about not letting perfection stop us from making and giving quilts to loved ones.
Old 10-11-2011, 08:18 AM

Bless your hearts!! I am sorry for your loss. I know a little of how you feel, too. All my growing up years I could nt work and so rarely had any gift for my mother, who being a Great Depression child valued "store bought" things. Then when I was grown I lived away for years and when we moved back here Momma and I had both grown and changed. I had really gotten into making quilts and discovered that my Moms mom also quilted!! I got busy and made my Mom 2 handquilted quilts and found she was Thrilled to have them!!! So now every occasion or excuse I can find I make quilted things for my Momma. I love to see her snuggled under my quilts and smiling!!
Old 10-11-2011, 08:33 AM
lbc

I am sorry for your loss. Your Mom will live in your heart forever. Remember the good times.
Old 10-11-2011, 09:05 AM

Maria ... love & prayers are headed your way! So happy you have the memories & the quilts! They will comfort you!
{{{HUGS}}}
Linda Deeter