Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
A fabulous visit to M & L Fabrics >

A fabulous visit to M & L Fabrics

A fabulous visit to M & L Fabrics

Old 10-19-2011, 10:22 AM

That fabric store looks incredible; AND I love the "trolley" ! Here in the South we call them "buggy's", but we all know what they are !

My problem would be is that I would so overwhelmed with all that fabric unless I had a detailed list of exactly what I was looking for....I would either do one of two things...shut down completely and not be able to choose anything, or buy helter-skelter and end up with a lot of stuff, but nothing that I could use together.

I've been to Hancocks in Paducah and almost had a panic attack (seriously) there was so much and I couldn't decide...ended up sitting on a bench and waiting for my daughter......NEXT time I go, I'll be prepared !
Old 10-19-2011, 10:22 AM

All I can say is....OH....MY....GOD!!! All that's missing is the Pearly Gates. :D :D
Old 10-19-2011, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by SoozeeDoozee
When my best friend took me there in the early 90s, one half of the store had blowout priced flat folds in stacks about a foot taller than my arms would reach. Wow, was that fun. Thanks for rekindling a great memory.
That store has changed a lot since the 90's. It used to look like a dump that was just a fabric outlet. It
had ladies in babooshkas who didn't speak English who would practically cut your arms off if you touched one of the very few carts for your fabric. The flannels were flatfolds that were almost stacked to the ceiling of poor quality but cost only $1.00 per yard. In the windows there were miles and miles of cheesy curtain nylon and nothing was computerized so check-out was really a trial.
I'm told that it has been taken over by a newer generation that has it's feet in the current century and thus the store you see in these pictures.
Old 10-19-2011, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by Val in IN
I am SOOO bummed!!! I was born and raised in So. Cal, lived there for 40+ yrs, and never knew it was there. I spent all winter out there last year (all of my family still lives there), went to Disneyland etc. and STILL didn't know it was there. I missed out on the BEST fun of all!! :cry: :cry: :cry: So where is this wonderful place so I won't miss it next time I'm out there???
It's on Ball Road near Knotts Berry Farm. Google it and you'll find the exact address. My daughter lived on Ball Road before she was married. We visited her many times but I didn't find out about M & L until after they moved. Still pretty close but I wish I would have known sooner.
Old 10-19-2011, 10:46 AM

Can't believe you got out of there in only four hours! What fun for all of you.
Old 10-19-2011, 11:10 AM
Power Poster

Looks like you guys had a great time and what a fabulous shop!
Old 10-19-2011, 11:20 AM

I used to live in southern California, but it was before I was a quilter. Where is this M & L fabric store? In what town? Thanks for the info.
Old 10-19-2011, 02:00 PM

Quilting friends are the best!!!
Old 10-19-2011, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by 3incollege
What a wonderful trip!!! That fabric store looks like a supermarket! Aisle after aisle of fabric!
I've been to M & L several times and it is fantastic and it did used to be a supermarket (Alpha Beta I think). I biggest problem is that I spend way too much money when I go.
Old 10-19-2011, 02:22 PM

M & L Fabrics Discount Store, Anaheim, CA

3430 W Ball Rd
Anaheim, CA 92804
(714) 995-3178

Hours:

Mon-Fri 9 am - 7 pm

Sat 10 am - 6 pm

Sun 12 pm - 5 pm