Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Follow up on my quilt police visit. >

Follow up on my quilt police visit.

Follow up on my quilt police visit.

Old 10-23-2011, 05:04 AM

Thanks for the update. I know my jaw was hanging when I was reading the first installment. What a lonely life this girl is going to have if she keeps alienating everyone around her.
Old 10-23-2011, 05:13 AM

Location: Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!

WEll you did the right thing and just smile as there are so many ummm "ignorant" and high maintenance people out there who have no clue !!
Be PROUD of what you said and did ( I would of blown a gasket!!) as we all are proud of you. I am sure the friend just wants to crawl under a rock, she as well needs to be proud of continuing on a a wonderful craft that many in life have no clue about !!
Old 10-23-2011, 05:14 AM

Originally Posted by collady
First, I want to thank everyone on their comments.
Second, I posted the event as a rant, not seeking anything except a vent to allow my steam to escape.
Third, I received a call from my young friend this morning. She wanted to apologize for her cousin again. (Totally not necessary.) Then she told me the cousin had gone home to Florida early (Sorry all you who live in Florida.) She told my friend that she hoped that the friend would not have anything to do with me. I was rude to her! She was only trying to help me get better, because I was too old to know what I was doing. And besides, she could buy nice quilts at Wal-Mart and home-made stuff was just junk in her mind!

I am still laughing!

Oh, yes, my friend told me that the cousin was supposed to have been getting married the first of November, but the young man broke it off! (Smart fellow.)

I ache for the cousin. She is going to be so unhappy all of her life.
OH MY GOODNESS I CANNOT BELIEVE THE NERVE OF SOME PEOPLE DOES'T SHE KNOW OLDER IS WISER AND NOT YOUNG AND (STUPID SORRY FOR SAYING IT.)
Old 10-23-2011, 05:14 AM

gee this sounds like my ex dil and her mother what's wrong with people by the way i admire you for keeping cool i could not have
Old 10-23-2011, 05:31 AM

I think the person has a problem and is very unhappy. I think we should pray for her, not bash her. We really don't know what she is dealing with.
Old 10-23-2011, 05:46 AM

Originally Posted by Happy Tails
Sure gives special meaning to - you can pick your friends, but not your relatives...
I have to disagree with this statement. Destructive people are just that...destructive. And no one, regardless of how these people may be "related" to you, has to put up with some one in their life being so destructive just because they are part of the "family tree". You may think I am cold and rude too, but I had a sister that was so negative and so destructive to my marriage, that I cut off all ties to her, and we never speak anymore except through attorneys. That may seem extreme, but it was so bad, I was left with NO recourse to protect myself except legal ones. So you can pick your relatives...at least in my mind you can....you don't have to be a part of anyone's life who only seeks to ruin yours...."family" or no....imho.
Old 10-23-2011, 06:13 AM

the cousin sounds like she has problems
Old 10-23-2011, 06:20 AM

someone mentioned maybe we should pray for her. I am sending prayers up that she wakes up before it is too late and someone takes drastic measures against her. the young lady should not have to apologize for something she can't control. And you dear lady are a true lady and a friend. God Bless us all.
Old 10-23-2011, 06:25 AM

IMHO you handled that horrible situation with grace. Your young friend's cousin is going to have a sad, lonely life if she doesn't learn to put a filter on her mouth. It amazes me that there are people who think they know-it-all about a subject/topic they actually know nothing about.
Old 10-23-2011, 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by Wingsofjoy
I'm still shaking my head in disbelief.
ME too! Me too! I bet that intelligent young man had some time to REALLY think about what he would be getting into...and realized that it would not change when they were married.

So sorry she acted like that to you...I think you handled it very well.