Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
do you sleep all night or not and >

do you sleep all night or not and

do you sleep all night or not and

Old 10-23-2011, 01:59 AM

I am 65 and except for getting up to go to the bathroom I do pretty much sleep all night. It is "getting to sleep" that is my challenge and Melotonin takes care of that.
:thumbup:
Old 10-23-2011, 02:32 AM

Originally Posted by Tartan
I don't sleep as much as I used to, 6 or 7 hours a night are usually enough and I don't nap or I have a hard time falling asleep. I have a new twist in my sleep pattern, I wake myself up snoring! Good grief my husband and son both snored for years and it didn't bother me at all. When I wake myself up snoring it gets my heart a pounding and it takes a while to go back to sleep. As if menopause isn't bad enough! :oops:
Wake up with body aches and pains. Blamed the poor sleep on fibromyalgia, then had a sleep study done, and it appears I have sleep apnea. I wear the mask, 3 years now, but get no more sleep than about 5 hours. Doc said if I go back to my weight when I was 18 years old, I may be able to stop using the mask. FAT CHANCE :roll: :!: :!: :!: :hunf:
Old 10-23-2011, 08:19 AM

"apple cider vinegar with the mother in the bottle"
This is also good for some types of heartburn.
Old 10-23-2011, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by postal packin' mama
Originally Posted by Olivia's Grammy
I get up 5 or 6 times a night to pee.
Exactly! How come we need to get up to use the bathroom more times during the night than when we're awake?!!
My 94 yo friend told me it's because we are laying and not standing. So maybe I'll try sleeping standing up. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 10-23-2011, 10:10 AM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 10-23-2011, 10:21 AM

Well I am a little old for menopause,I hope,lol.
I do sleep well at night , get at least 6 hours then my dog wakes me up. I do take a nap in the afternoons when possible.
Old 10-23-2011, 12:36 PM

I do believe the mother in the bottle is Vinegar that is bought in a health food store I don't think it has been strained like in the grocery store, or organic. There is a gob of goo floating in it, and I never heard anyone refer to mother in the bottle before. Cute LOL. I know some people put acv and raw honey in warm water to drink. But I want to know if it works.
Or it might be may work for you but not for me type of thing. I'll do some more research and see what I turn up.
Old 10-23-2011, 05:27 PM

I'm laughing out loud reading this...
I have a 150 lb. chocolate lab... who doesn't sleep with me... but takes over and rules every other aspect of my life.

As for sleeping... at 55 with sleep apnea (yes, I wear a mask)... I know I sleep... but never soundly throughout the night... something wakes me... bathroom, readjusting my mask, turning my pillow, bathroom, thirsty, hot, more readjustment, cold, my arms hurt, turn my pillow again, hot, bathroom, cold... time to wake up!!! WTF!!!
Old 10-23-2011, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by grann of 6
I would sleep a whole lot better if my Great Dane didn't take her half out of the middle of the bed. She likes to sleep crosswise instead of lengthwise, so that has a definite bearing on how well I sleep. I know, I know. Well, YOU COME AND GET HER OFF THE BED!!!! :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol:
Love it Love it!!! :lol: I have to share the bed with my hubby, my Schnauzer & Puggle think goodness the Poodle sleeps in her own bed. But I have the same problem have hard time getting to sleep then up every two hours to the bathroom and usually wake up early so this last couple of years have started taking a nap most afternoons.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
Patti Sue
Old 10-23-2011, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by AlwaysQuilting
I am almost 61 and have had sleep problems for approx 10 or 15 yrs. I have recently begun a health 'kick' and started drinking some a.c.v. (apple cider vinegar with the mother in the bottle) and raw honey twice daily.
Call me crazy but I have been sleeping better and my hot flashes have ceased!
I have heard of this before. What ratio of vinegar and honey do you use? Thanks