Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Getting ready to go get my Mamogram, what about you?! >

Getting ready to go get my Mamogram, what about you?!

Getting ready to go get my Mamogram, what about you?!

Old 10-25-2011, 06:20 PM

I refuse MAMograms, but do like my medical friends..I get THERMograms instead. Same thing but different. A new process, like the old one but less pressure and different technology.

As a one boobed dame, I am not going to even want to give them the chance to squeeze out cancer cells in my boob..if there are any there, it will show up on the computer attached to the boob squeezer.

It's something everyone should research on their own.
Old 10-25-2011, 06:22 PM

I got mine done already.
Old 10-25-2011, 06:29 PM

Had mine in July doesn't usally hurt. I have a little red spot that rubs with my bra under the breast like a strawberry but doesn't get any bigger just can be annoying. No matter what don't take a chance on not getting a mammo especially if there is a family history. Sometimes your Dr. or Radiology office can help you if you can't get it on your own. I know a few yrs ago I was w/o ins and a rep came into a Dr's off I worked in and gave me a card for a free mammo. So ck with your Dr. Office they s/b able to help. Probably also a hosp. can help you with info. Good luck. Sue
Old 10-26-2011, 02:53 AM

Nov 29 appointment already made.
Old 10-26-2011, 03:13 AM

Been having one yearly since I was 25 years old am now 61- the first machine looked like an ice cream cone with a balloon on it. I asked the tech what would happen if the balloon blew up-she said so would your boob then she laughed. being an RN- I laughed too sick medical humor.
Old 10-26-2011, 03:17 AM

Just had my yearly one. Good news again. 6 year survivor from L mastectome for Cancer. Lesley I am 79 and my Dr wants me to have one every year.
Old 10-26-2011, 04:32 AM

Had mine. Made sure it was after my period so not swollen. Much better, learned lesson for the first one. Girls are good.Yeah!!!
Old 10-26-2011, 04:32 AM

Got the letter saying that it's time, but my Dr. Left this summer and by the time I found a new one, he had no openings until Feb. 28th! And that is just a new patient visit. Who knows how long I'll have to wait before I can get my physical scheduled! I had one set up , but when the former Dr. left, it was cancelled. Guess not this year.
Old 10-26-2011, 04:35 AM

I've never had one.
Old 10-26-2011, 04:51 AM

I had mine in June. Have an appointment with onocologist next week. I am a two time beast concer servivor...9 years ago and 2 years ago. I never miss a mammogram. One of the ladies that worked with me discovered her breast cancer with a mammogram 10 years ago and I took her advice and started having mamograms every year. Two years later my first cancer was found in a very early stage, but in two places. I have always credited Leslie's problem to my sucess in fighting my cancer. Two years ago the tumor was invasive and I have a 3 in 10 chance of it reoccuring within 10 years. I will be 68 next week and I will never miss a mammogram.