Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Positive Remarks >

Positive Remarks

Positive Remarks

Old 11-02-2011, 11:57 AM

Thank you thank you thank you!!!!! I'm so glad they are not gone. Doing the happy dance.!!
Old 11-02-2011, 12:00 PM

I also hate change, but realize that changes are needed. I feel that like anything else, this board will be here to help us through the change.
Old 11-02-2011, 12:03 PM

I've always believed I'm a positive person; the glass is half full and not half empty. So, I'm looking at this as a positive change.
I do have to add something. I've wondered for a while why I've stayed with this site. Someone posted something a few pages back that clicked with me. I've been in groups where I was totally ignored. Here, when I post a new topic, someone will respond; it is like family here. Also, I've only been here a few months and I've already made some great friends.
Old 11-02-2011, 12:10 PM

I love the new look, my eyes don't know where to go, but they will adjust quickly. 'I think i'm going to like it here'
Old 11-02-2011, 12:52 PM

Like the new site but it is taking me some time to find everything. It lookes a lot more professional.
Old 11-02-2011, 01:09 PM

I did not visit the forum yesterday, I was surprised to see the changes. It takes a little time to learn to use it, but I like it.
This is a great forum. I rather be here than look for another one.

Thank you Patrice and your "GANG" for the new look.
Old 11-02-2011, 01:09 PM

People worked really hard on the new site. There are a lot of changes and it will take some time. It is only the 2nd day! The moderators are trying to get questions answered, but they have to weed thru unncessary comments. Play around with the site and write your questions down. It will get easier people! To leave after 2 days and not really trying isn't fair. There are some issues I am ho hum about but instead of complaining, I am going to explore more and see if I can figure it out. Example: white screen. Yes it kind of hurts my eyes but there was a great suggestion of going into your settings and fixing it.

Start clicking on links and see where they take you! Play around with the site!

If we want to be a "better" board and be above the rest, then we need to stop complaining and figure things out. Do we want new people to see all of the complaints and negativity? Thumbs up to all the people who are stepping up and helping the moderators and offering their tips and suggestions to the rest of us. They didn't change the quilt board to be ornery, they did it to improve the overall site. I am sure they are frantically trying to work out the bugs as quickly as possible. Lets cut them some slack!
Old 11-02-2011, 01:23 PM

Fortunately for me I've been thru 2 upgrades on other message boards and one was already set up in the same format as QB is now! So it is very familiar for the most part! I find that the biggest headache is just finding all the stuff on the page at the beginning. It usually takes me a few minutes of just looking to find where all the buttons are - especially if there has been a big color change. Just take your time and it will get better!!!
Old 11-02-2011, 01:38 PM

Once I get it all down, I think it will all be fine. I can't find how to bookmark a post, though...just how to subscribe to it. I really like the background color.
Kif
Old 11-02-2011, 01:41 PM
Banned

you know CHANGE might be necessary and sometimes good..but TOO much of even a GOOD thing can be just too much....not everyone who comes here has hours to spend trying to LEARN a new format...so if they leave it is THEIR option....I wish them all well. Same as I wish all who choose to stay and CHANGE well!