Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Positive Remarks >

Positive Remarks

Positive Remarks

Old 11-03-2011, 03:57 PM

I'm loving it too! This is more like other forums I use/have used, I like that it doesn't "take away" posts that I've just read when I click off of them...sometimes I want to go back!
Navigation is a breeze for me....I can look at individual forums for subject specific threads, or I can click "What's New" to see what's been posted, and go through several pages instead of just one. It really seems to me that most of the way we do things has not changed, just the titles of the buttons we click has.

It's very nice, a lot of thought and hard work has been put into it, and I, for one, appreciate it!
Old 11-03-2011, 04:00 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
I know Patrice constantly has 300 to 400 emails waiting to be read...she's doing an amazing job of sorting through things and all.

Sadiemae, do you think you could make your font size a bit larger? It's much smaller than the regular one and very difficult to read. Maybe, please?
I am sorry...I had no idea it was small because I keep my font on 150% so I can see it. Is this better?
Old 11-03-2011, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by Chicca View Post
WoW...you have discovered all sorts of details about this new board that I have not even noticed. Yesterday when I peeked, I was very discouraged and did not think I could get this. Today, with no distractions and a good cup of coffee...I am searching, learning and not doing to badly. The one thing I really miss and have not found is the unread section that I loved about the old board. Oh well, I do like the way the new board is organized.
I'm pretty sure that is what is under the 'What's New' tab.
Old 11-03-2011, 04:06 PM

This is the most amazing quiltingboard ever! I feel like we are all one happy family, and if this family is outgrwoing our old home, well then, I am delighted to have a new home! The changes will take time to adjust to, but I am sure once we all give ourselves that chance, we'll like our new home very much! My thanks to those who worked so hard to give us this beautiful, secure home!
Old 11-03-2011, 04:09 PM

Thats about the same as everyone elses now sadie x
Old 11-03-2011, 04:15 PM

ok, while I am still trying to find my way around, I do like some of the things. Love the fact we can upload pictures to our albums! How cool is that!
Old 11-03-2011, 04:17 PM

I love the NEW look of this site. Thumbs up to all who made it possible. I am sure there will be more sections added and I am looking forward to them. This will take time to get use to, but I love it. Mary
Old 11-03-2011, 04:50 PM

I love this board..I've learned so much, so many tips and tricks to quilt...Free patterns ..Tutortials are endless. I'm sorry for the ppl that cannot adjust to anything new..BECAUSE, this a fact of life..Changes.......
I do see that I have to 'sign in' to see the attachments. Didn't take long to realize that..I love the pictures!!! My user tells the tale..I'm old, but have only admired quilts from afar...So, new to learning all this...
Old 11-03-2011, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by TanyaL View Post
When adapting to the change in the QB's format is compared to someone liking a quilt, I've noticed that a few of you put forth the idea that once you have put in the hours necessary to make a quilt you are quite hurt when you find someone who doesn't like it - as some do not like the changes here to this format. Why is heaven's name would you expect someone to like your quilt because you spent a long time making it? Why would we like these changes based on the effort of the software designers? Software and quilts are liked or not liked based on personal preferences, not the amount of effort required to make them. We can appreciate hard work but that doesn't make the result either work or not work. Get real, folks. Our opinions are personal, not disloyal.
thank you for stating this so clearly...that analogy was bugging me too. if i am making a quilt for someone then they have let me know their likes and dislikes, preferences and requirements. we were thrown into an 'improvement' we not only didn't ask for, but one that looks like all the other sites out there that i didn't choose to use in the first place because their layout did not fit my preferences.
Old 11-03-2011, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by JenniePenny View Post
Guess what I love now? The ability to send a Single Private message to a group of people, and to BCC someone.

I have found the equivalent of everything that I used to do on the old board. I view Recent topics, and I check on my subscriptions, which was formerly Watched topics. I can hover the mouse over an ambiguous topic without clicking on it, and I can see the first few words of the post.
I love that you can decide to post a picture - even if you decide to use the quick Reply feature.
how can you liken 'watched topics,' which was automatic when you commented, to a subscription that you must go onto 3 screens to create, 3 to delete when you're done with it and then after defining it for yourself, will not take you back to the list where you were located, but requires that you page down to find your previous place?