Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Name one thing that you don't like about the "New" Board". >

Name one thing that you don't like about the "New" Board".

Name one thing that you don't like about the "New" Board".

Old 11-04-2011, 02:16 PM

I don't like when threads disappear.
Old 11-04-2011, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by sandyquiltz View Post
There's a great FAQ that answers a lot of questions. I scroll down to the parts I need & try a little bit at a time.
http://www.quiltingboard.com/faq.php...thread_display

So I guess I would say that the part about the new board that I don't like is the sadness I feel when members have the tools available to make it easier for them but aren't giving it a try.
I feel the same way. So, I try to explain what I have discovered in hopes that it will help them. I'm still learning too.
Old 11-04-2011, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by NANAOF2BOYS View Post
I do not like the new format it is harder to find things but I will get used to it
DITTO! Actually I hate it.
Old 11-04-2011, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by zennia View Post
I am trying to quote mcdaniel023 but unable to. That is exactly how I feel. I know its all new and i wish more people have given it a chance.
How do I quote replies? I tried but " you must have 10 characters keeps coming up" ??
they are just telling you you have replied with too few characters... if you say 'Pretty".... it will come up with the 10 characters message so just give them some punctuation marks to make up the 10........ like that...
Old 11-04-2011, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by paintmejudy View Post
...Yesterday on QH they announced that they had 150 new members in 24 hours, and probably more today.

What is "QH"???
Old 11-04-2011, 03:58 PM

My biggest irk is My Pages is under Blog and not alphabetized. I really planned My Pages so it was valuable resource. I could find the info so quickly. I know Patrice is working hard to type up directions for finding 'stuff', however that should have been in place before switching. Maybe then, the developers would have realized how many clicks it takes to find an item, when it used to be only one click away.
Old 11-04-2011, 03:58 PM

I really don't care for much of it. I get frustrated when I can't find things, especially the pictures.
Old 11-04-2011, 04:42 PM

I have over 900 PMs, so I can't get any more, but unless I go back and read every PM and decide if I can delete it or need to save it, I can't delete them. Why can't I check each one shown on a page that I want to delete and have a button to delete them? The other option I can find that will allow me to avoid reading and deleting every PM individually wipes out my entire inbox!!! NO WAY!!!!!!! Hate this new format and wish they would go back to the one we loved and worked for us. I hate not getting an email notice of new posts on a thread I was either watching or actively participating in.
Old 11-04-2011, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by TnBecky View Post
I'll go first, I can not stand the WHITE background. Please see if they can change it to a soft yellow or a pale green. I saw a post that they had darkened it down, but I can't tell enough of a difference. Thanks, Becky.
Have you tried adjusting your screen brightness as my background is a pale cream since they adjusted it, just a thought..sorry off topic! x
Old 11-04-2011, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by Farm Quilter View Post
I have over 900 PMs, so I can't get any more, but unless I go back and read every PM and decide if I can delete it or need to save it, I can't delete them. Why can't I check each one shown on a page that I want to delete and have a button to delete them? The other option I can find that will allow me to avoid reading and deleting every PM individually wipes out my entire inbox!!! NO WAY!!!!!!! Hate this new format and wish they would go back to the one we loved and worked for us. I hate not getting an email notice of new posts on a thread I was either watching or actively participating in.
Sorry going off topic again, but you can easily sort email notifications in settings (top of page), click general settings and then change Default Thread Subscription Mode: to what suits you with drop down box, you can get pop ups for pm's too if you want them a little further down this page and then save x