Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Name one thing that you don't like about the "New" Board". >

Name one thing that you don't like about the "New" Board".

Name one thing that you don't like about the "New" Board".

Old 11-05-2011, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by adnerb25 View Post
I don't like that it takes so long to go from page to page. Perhaps I am doing something wrong? I timed going from one page to the next and it was over a minute to load. I never had this problem with the old format. Again, it could be me not doing something right. I don't have the time to wait for the pages to load up. I have DSL and anything else I go to on the internet loads quickly. Anybody else having this problem?
Brenda R.
Once you click...wait a few seconds and click again...That's what I've been doing and it's quick to get to next pg or to write this response
Old 11-05-2011, 05:45 PM

I was just thinking about the fact that this is a free board where we are able to connect. Good point! I guess the ads never bothered me before or now, at the top of the page where I don't see them, scrolling down to read the posts........

learning to do new things builds neurons in your brain and makes it healthier. Think of it as a new work out, for your brain!

It is hard to adapt when you are used to doing things a certain way, but sometimes new IS really better.

Originally Posted by mommaB View Post
Oh for Pete's sake!! You would think your life was coming to an end because you have to learn a new way to do something and its not easy. If half as much time was spend trying to learn to navigate the site rather than complain about it, you'd be much farther ahead.

And since its FREE to you, but still costs to run it..there will be ads.

I'm not very good with computers, so maybe I just don't know enough to complain, but I do know I'm not ENTITLED to anything, so I'll keep struggling til I figure it out and be grateful I still can.
Old 11-05-2011, 05:50 PM

I also can't figure out how to book mark. I've spent too much time trying to figure out things....hate the new format.
Old 11-05-2011, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by Mitch's mom View Post
Click theSettings tab at the top of the page. On the left hand side, under MY SETTINGS go to MY ACCOUNT, choose GENERAL SETTINGS, it will open a page of all your important settings. You are looking for Miscellaneous Options and choose advanced. This is what you are looking for. :
[h=3]Miscellaneous Options[/h] <label>Message Editor Interface:</label>
  • <label for="rb_vbcode2"><input name="showvbcode" id="rb_vbcode2" value="2" tabindex="1" checked="checked" type="radio"> Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing</label>
  • <label for="rb_vbcode0"><input name="showvbcode" id="rb_vbcode0" value="0" tabindex="1" type="radio"> Basic Editor - A simple text box</label>
  • <label for="rb_vbcode1"><input name="showvbcode" id="rb_vbcode1" value="1" tabindex="1" type="radio"> Standard Editor - Extra formatting controls</label>
When posting messages to the forums or other members, there are three interface types available to you. The simplest of these is a simple text box, while the last is a fully-fledged WYSIWYG editor, which allows you to format your text as you want it and see the results immediately.

Depending upon the capabilities of your web browser, you may not be able to use all of these options. If you experience problems when posting messages, try switching to a different interface type.
Thank you so much!! I will give it a try.
Old 11-05-2011, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif View Post
I copied this from another poster:
Go to settings--top right; then to general settings--scroll down list on left. Now scroll to Misc settings and check enhanced interface. See below----Make sure to save changes.

Miscellaneous Options

Message Editor Interface:
• Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing
• Basic Editor - A simple text box
• Standard Editor - Extra formatting controls

After the change, when you reply the reply box has features on the top for font, size, color, similie, and upload of pictures. Just click on them to see how they work.

As to the signature, I can't help you there. Go into settings at the top right, then on the left go to signature and that is where changes can be made. Hope that helps you.

Thank you....I appreciate your help.
Old 11-05-2011, 06:15 PM

I don't like all of the foot stomping and tantrums. Oh, probably not what OP meant.

The last couple of weeks have been crazy, and not in a good way. A friend's husband was diagnosed, at age 36, with stage IV stomach cancer. A student at the school where I work committed suicide. Least of my worries was DD who lost her wallet while at college, trying to get license & bank card replaced while she is out of the area. Toss in a new internet carrier and getting some kinks worked out there...

Basically, I've not had much time check QB. The very few brief visits I've made, I've had no problems. So guess I'll go look for the thread on things we like!
Old 11-05-2011, 06:18 PM

I'm sorry I don't like any part of it. Its too hard to follow and I don't get half as much as I did before (maybe I'm to old to learn new tricks) I miss not reading it everyday like I once did. I MISS you all.

Marge
Old 11-05-2011, 06:46 PM

I don't like not being able to see quickly what I want to read or pics I want to see. I really liked the old format. It was so easy to find what I wanted. I am trying, but not sure if I will take the time to mess with this new Board format for very much longer.
Old 11-05-2011, 07:11 PM

I'm sorry, but I simply don't have the time to read through all 31 pages to see if someone else is having my problem. At least 85% of the links I click on take me to a page that says that I have gone to an invalid forum, and gives me a link to notify the administrator. I go to that page, type in my problem, click submit. I don't know if my report actually goes thru because when I click on submit, once again I get the "invalid forum" message. *sigh*

Donna
Old 11-05-2011, 07:14 PM

Takes too much time to find things, I loved the old one it was easier.