Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > QB Help Center
Performance issues >

Performance issues

Performance issues

Old 11-05-2011, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by hobbykat1955 View Post
Me too. when I posted a comment to a post...Quick Reply it posted...On old format I just arrowed backwards to get back to the main pg of postings...when I do that now it tells me if I cont. it will dump my comment....So then I have to find another way back to the main page...confusing
I think this may be what you are looking for: Towards the bottom of the page after you post your comment, it says "Quick Navigation" or "Navigation" in grey letters. If you click on the blue box directly to the right it will pull down a menu and from there you can choose where to go: Main, Pictures, ect.
Old 11-06-2011, 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by Lori S View Post
I do miss that part of the board , it was fun to see who was on ! Hope it does not take too long. SOmehow seeing who was on made it more personal . I do see that if I move my cursor over the dot next to the name it will tell me if someone is indeed on line, but its not as convienient as having the info show .
Is it fixed now so that the color of the circle is the clue? I notice that the open/clear circle shows offline while the green circle shows online. (at least it looks green to me - it's kinda small)
Old 11-06-2011, 05:48 AM

Default my token expired

trying to post a reply and it said I couldn't because "my token had expired". That is a new one on me.
Old 11-06-2011, 05:58 AM

Question Gallery of Quilts

I am unable to see the pictures on the "Gallery of Quilts". All there is Red X in a box. Is there a way to get the pictures to come up?
Thanks
JOY
Old 11-06-2011, 06:13 AM

Thumbs down glitchy

This has to be one of the glitchyest software there is for forums. This is what I get half the time.

Attached Files
File Type: doc
qboard.doc (471.0 KB, 73 views)
Old 11-06-2011, 06:29 AM

I get that too, alot. I have tried clicking ctrl+r to clear my cashe, but that doesn't even work anymore.
Old 11-06-2011, 06:29 AM

Question Gallery of Quilts

Good Morning! I am unable to see the pictures on the "Gallery of Quilts". All there is Red X in a box. Is there a way to get the pictures to come up?
Thanks
JOY
Old 11-06-2011, 06:31 AM

marking - I haven't tried adding pictures on the new board yet...will look back to learn.
Old 11-06-2011, 06:38 AM

Hi Joy. I had posted a question to Cathy, who maintained that site, about this very thing. She replied very promptly and said that the links had not survived the transition to the new format, that this was one of the things Patrice and the team were looking at, but she was not sure if the links would ever be retrieved for this new format. Not the answer we wanted, but an answer just the same. Miss your PMs. Hope you're doing OK.

Joyce
Old 11-06-2011, 07:38 AM

I had a terrible time getting onto the forum today. I actually was beginning to think I had been booted off! I couldn't log in... kept going through a loop, I'd log in... then the log in screen would come up again telling me to log in. Once I finally got in I saw that a few new sales have finally been posted and tried to add a post to one, I got the message that my post would not appear until it was approved by a moderator!!! How many moderators are reading every post added? IT is going to take forever to get a response to anything! Isn't this WAY to much work for volunteer moderators?!! And seriously...is this really necessary?!! Aren't we all adults here? I have belong to several different types of forums and have never seen anything like this, and most of them run very smoothly with the exception of a few people who's posts do meed to be removed for various reasons from time to time... but to have to have EVERY SINCE POST MODERATED?!! This is a BUSY BUSY forum.... unless there is an ARMY of moderators on duty 24/7. this forum will slow to a snails pace! I always loved that you could throw a question out there and have an answer, sometimes SEVERAL answers within SECONDS!! Please don't destroy that on us!!!!