Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Thoughts from Patrice >

Thoughts from Patrice

Thoughts from Patrice

Old 11-06-2011, 07:57 AM

I am fairly new but was confused with the 'old board' and find this one much easier to navigate......thank you for all those who work so hard on this...You get a thumbs up with me!!!! One thing I would like to see is that somehow we could have a list of members from each state...it would be nice...but cannot have anything...
Old 11-06-2011, 08:27 AM

they had that on the old board, maybe it's here somewhere, i'll poke around.
Old 11-06-2011, 08:47 AM

It's unfortunate, there are mean, vicious people even among good quilters. We come in all sizes and shapes and temperments. It is best to ignore all those narrow-minded people who can't abide change in any form and will condemn anything without even giving it a chance. Take their rants for what they are worth; (nothing) and keep on keeping on, doing your best. They will either go elsewhere and take their venom out on someone else, or stick around and lurk here looking for more opportunities to do the same. If they do give it a chance, they might even find out they like it, but probably are too backward to admit it. You have something good here; keep it for those who will cherish it, and you will undoubtedly acquire a lot more people who will also enjoy it without all the chaos.
Judy
Old 11-06-2011, 09:03 AM

You have obviously never changed from an existing system to a new one designing it to work smoothly. Shame on you! You are very wrong, as I have done it, and it takes a lot of extra time and effort that anybody on the outside could never appreciate.
Old 11-06-2011, 09:05 AM

The above note was supposed to be a reply to the lady who said nobody worked overtime or extra to develope this. I just put it in the wrong place.
Old 11-06-2011, 09:20 AM

Thanks Patrice for thinking of everyone. This computer is making it through this new setup. I appreciate everything you do for us quilters.

Linda Nedrow
Old 11-06-2011, 09:58 AM

Location: Asheville, previously Lake Vermilion, Tarpon Springs, Duluth, St Paul, Soudan

Thanks a million, Patrice. I have also been in charge of new system installs and updates, and you need a thick skin for the first few weeks. People get frustrated and upset. Other people jump right in and find ways to break the system that were never imagined during testing. It all works out.

Pat design, have you tried using the Quick Navigation buttons instead of the back button? Don't know if it will work, because I don't have any speed issues, but it might work.

Last edited by Krisb; 11-06-2011 at 10:00 AM.
Old 11-06-2011, 10:01 AM

Change is NEVER easy and while technology makes it easier int he long run, people do not know what to expect. So I say THANK YOU for pushing us forward and making us learn new things. It is amazing how much effort goes in to this website and we should all be grateful.
Old 11-06-2011, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by judord View Post
It's unfortunate, there are mean, vicious people even among good quilters.
Funny. I thought the same exact thought about the people who said things like "if you don't like it, too bad-leave" and "if the whiners leave, that's fine with me" and "why don't you all go away if you don't like it" and things like that. I guess it works both ways.
Old 11-06-2011, 10:18 AM
Elizabeth "Liz"

I just want to say a very big thanks to Patrice. I have not been able to get back on the board under my original e-mail address and had to re register under another, and she has been trying to help me with this situation. Not sure if we will get it fixed, but I am back on with my new e-mail and all I can say for Patrice it a very big THANK YOU and I do appreciate all she and the others do for this board and I am looking forward to getting to know the new board and starting all over if I have to. This is a great place to be.

Elizabeth