Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
2009/2010 IRR Centers-Oct. 15, 2009 mailing date >

2009/2010 IRR Centers-Oct. 15, 2009 mailing date

2009/2010 IRR Centers-Oct. 15, 2009 mailing date

Old 07-30-2009, 02:21 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Suzic that is absolutely beautiful! I love it.

And Melanie, those NYCs are fabulous, I KNOW i couldn't do those little triangles. Interesting the link with the statue of Liberty - it's obvious when you say it KLue but I'd never made the connection. :D

I've made progress - I've got the batiks soaking in vinegar and water to set the colours - house smells like an English fish and chip shop! :D And the pattern is traced and my freezer paper templates all cut out. Just have to decide what to use as a foundation, I'm thinking some really thin cotton - muslin might distort too much. Then if i put a narrow border of plain fabric round the whole thing, it'll make it easier for the person who has to sew on the first border - proper. Do you all think that'll work? Also, it's not a rounded up number of inches and I took on board what was said (I think by Patti?) about someone doing a pieced border. The foundation will be completely covered by the appliqué and I don't want it to get too thick because of hand quilting it when it's done. :D
Old 07-30-2009, 05:03 AM

Originally Posted by Baren*eh*ked_canadian
I have chosen what I will be doing for my center, here's a peek :)
I've only just started, these NYB take forever to do! The small ones are 3", the large ones are 6".
Baren, that is going to be awesome! I love the colors - they lend themselves to so many fun options to borders - and the design will really stretch the imagination of those in your group!!! AWESOME!
Old 07-30-2009, 05:05 AM

Originally Posted by suzic46
Just wanted to post the beginnings of my center and get some feedback. Right now the background has to be sized down and I'm not sure if I should cut it way down and add a small dark border or not. I still have to sew around the edges of the applique to finish it. Would this make a good center? Or do I stick with traditional piecing? What do you think??
Suzic, that is really really great! I have a pattern like that but with a loon on a MN lake - the moose would fit it just perfectly! I can just imagine the warm and cozy colors that will make up your border! And I would definitely had a small border around it to tie it together before sending it out! GREAT job!
Old 07-30-2009, 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
Well, haven´t you all come up with some beauties.

Suzic, absolutely stunning.

Omak, Estupendo.... :D

Melanie, Gorgeous, can´t wait to see it put together, they look a little like my Japanese Fan quilt I have started. Going to make a beautiful centre.

Elle
Remember! Mine are currently in the theory stage <g>. But, when you know what you are doing - - it can go pretty quickly.
Old 07-30-2009, 07:11 AM

All of the centers are amazing. Suzic I saw that pattern and even copied the photo for my someday file. DD LOVES moose. I don't know that I will ever get there but who knows. Maybe I will find something amazing at the quilt show tomorrow for my center.
Old 07-30-2009, 07:52 AM

Ok....just got home from the Quilt Shop....got my fabric...have decided on a center pattern....woohoo....took a picture of fabric before tossing it in the washer. Thought I would share. I am going to call my quilt "Caribbean Dreaming". Just bought a new house....so no Caribbean vacation this year....woe is me....and I am missing it terribly. This will make me feel a little better. Can't wait to get started on the block.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-16046.jpe
Views:	41
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	16046  
Old 07-30-2009, 08:07 AM
k3n
Power Poster

ohhh - yummy!!!! Reminds me of when I used to work for a living ( :mrgreen: ) - I worked for a funky English PR agency and our 'colours' were jade and terracotta - just those shades - I used to dole out swanky business cards in those colours! Those were the days! :D
Old 07-30-2009, 08:43 AM
Banned

i just love this color combo
Old 07-30-2009, 09:28 AM

Ohh, "Carribean Dreaming" sounds lovely! Sorry you don't get to go this year. Those pesky things called house payments. :(
Old 07-30-2009, 09:42 AM

Gorgeous colours Tabby! I'm looking forward to seeing your centre!

Jan