Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Name one thing that you don't like about the "New" Board". >

Name one thing that you don't like about the "New" Board".

Name one thing that you don't like about the "New" Board".

Old 11-06-2011, 10:45 AM

I too think the old format was way easier to navigate. New does not necessarily means better. I dare say that most of the quilters here including myself are older. We had something that worked for us, why change it? It was a pleasure to use the other format... this one is for the birds. People seem to think that older people don't like change...but change just to change is no kind of change at all.
Why get bent out of shape just because people are expressing their opinions. I used to come here quite often but I am wondering how to get out of this maze. The opinions are not against the moderators just the format and the new change. Remember the Bank of America fiasco. I will be checking in but not as often due to the difficulty of the navigation.
Old 11-06-2011, 10:50 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Debbie C View Post
Not to beat a dead horse, but I just went through many of these 37 pages and if any one else takes the time to do so, especially the folks in charge, you will find that a VAST MAJORITY of members do not like the new format. I'm happy for those of you who have no problems finding things, but you are far out-numbered by we who are having great difficulties here. I AM computer savvy, but this is closing in fast on 'not being worth my time'....... and nothing makes me sadder to admit this as I have so enjoyed my time here with all of you.
Moderators....would appreciate your input here.

I so agree with this, but who knows if the owners of this site will even care until most of the members are gone. This is crazy, and so hard to follow at all. Don't know why they even changed it as the old site worked well. Why change a good thing, except they just want more space to advertise which is something I for one don't appreciate. I like the fact that there wasn't much advertising, except from people on this board. I get enough of it from other sites and all over. I have tried the tutorials on some and it really didn't help much. I sure hope they get the message and change it back. I also don't agree with the censorship of alot of posts. It seems like no one can say anything without it being removed. It reeks of communism instead and I thought this was a free board. I not talking about people being rude or inappropriate, those should be removed. Anyway, sorry about the vent, but this board has changed so much, I'm thinking about moving to another board too. I will give it some time to see if they change it back. Thanks all to everyone as it has been a pleasure to meet everyone from almost every country in the world just by being a part of this board. It is so cool to have so much input from different cultures and so many different ways of quilting. I for one was enriched by it all.
Old 11-06-2011, 10:53 AM

i can not find my big girl panties! am not real happy....maybe i just don't like change!
Old 11-06-2011, 10:58 AM

Losing all my private pm messages. Lost everyones names and now I do not remember who my quilting angels are.
Makes me sad.
Old 11-06-2011, 10:58 AM

For the last few months I have gotten so much great information from this website! I logged in and read it every day . . . When it changed I was uncomfortable with the new format, but decided I'd give it a while. But this week when I tried to post a for sale notice, I was turned away for "not being an active member". That was the last straw. Despite the number of friendly members, the whole demeanor of the site itself seems vaguely hostile now especially with such stringent regulations. I, too, feel like an outsider and will spend much less time and bandwidth here.
Old 11-06-2011, 11:04 AM

Location: Ohio, the land of 4 seasons. sometimes all in the same week!

and I can't even email Patrice to ask her to change me back to default. the board here in "mobile" land is very unfriendly. oh, and to address the above comment about the site owners worrying about us leaving. . . we give them no fees to be here and someone new will wander in and take our place. so, if we want to be here; we need to adapt. I am willing to try. but I'm sure hating every second of it. haha
Old 11-06-2011, 11:14 AM

I think the like anything else...we hate change. I am one of the older generation members and I seem to be able to navigate quite well. It is not perfect, but I think it is me....I have to except change and try to keep up with things..I have been able so far and this is not going to beat me down...It will be all the fun it always was once I get the hang of it.
Old 11-06-2011, 11:14 AM

I changed the default to get 40 topics on a page but instead I only get 20 but I do get 40 replies on a page.
Not what I wanted!
Old 11-06-2011, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by cherrio View Post
and I can't even email Patrice to ask her to change me back to default. the board here in "mobile" land is very unfriendly. oh, and to address the above comment about the site owners worrying about us leaving. . . we give them no fees to be here and someone new will wander in and take our place. so, if we want to be here; we need to adapt. I am willing to try. but I'm sure hating every second of it. haha
Here is how to change from Mobile to Default: scroll ALL the way down this page. Look on the left side of screen and you will see a drop down arrow that will change from Mobile to Default. Hope this helps.
Old 11-06-2011, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by selm View Post
I don't like that they don't have the categorized lists to quickly navigate to various recent topics quickly. My email digest now takes me to a screen which shows me nothing useful and then I have to navigate to several screens before I find the forums screen.
I also don't like the white background.
I have to agree with this and add we need more contrast in the color of pists so we can distinguish what we just read.