Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > QB Help Center
Daily Digest >

Daily Digest

Daily Digest

Old 11-05-2011, 02:32 PM

Look on the right side of the "Main" screen and see where it says "to receive a free quilting newsletter..." and it asks you to supply your e-mail address. There is a red "balloon" there.
Old 11-05-2011, 07:01 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by rexie View Post
When I click on some headlines to read, I get "invalid forum" and tells me to contact the administrator. What does this mean?
it's possible that the thread was deleted since it was posted in the digest
Old 11-06-2011, 11:48 AM

i said this in another thread, but it's appropriate here also. we used to get a list in the digest. it was blue. as you read each topic that was interesting to you, it turned purple and you knew you had read it. you could shut down and come back later and pick up where you left off because you could see where you were before. when you were finished you could delete the entire page. fini.

now you can't do that at all. you have to open to home, find the section that interests you, look down the list and zero in on the threads that you want to read. later in the day you have to remember what the heck you read and try to pick up from there. at least i do - there's no color change for me. 'what's new' is not the same thing at all and doesn't work the way the digest or the newletters worked. i feel this is an issue that needs work.
Old 11-07-2011, 07:14 AM

First of all, I LOVE the look of the new board. I think it is more soothing. It isn't glaring or white on my screen. Keep up the good work moderators. I am not leaving!!

I SO miss my picture section on the newsletter. I am a busy, busy gal and I just loved being able to sit down and look at 10 -15 quilts really fast. When I have time I would spend more time with the newsletter. Without the picture section, it really isn't worth my time to get it.
Old 11-07-2011, 07:27 AM

Default Editon

Every week I would find the 'Edition' portion of this site but since the new Quilting Board I have not been able to find it. Can you tell me where it is. i would print it off and put with my Quuilting Info Book.
Please help.
Mary
Old 11-07-2011, 07:46 AM

Default The Newsletter Format!

Okay, really learning to navigate a new format for this site was challenge enough, but when you send out a newsletter with gray print on a gray background, it is just too much for me. Too bad really because I really enjoyed this site in so many ways before. Now i find it difficult to navigate and many of my favorite sources of information are too hard to find or just don't seem to be there at all. I sadly think I may have to unsubscribe.
Old 11-07-2011, 07:53 AM

Did you happen to notice at the top of the page, says home, left hand side. That takes you to the main page, where the topics are listed. This mornings newsletter, opened to a gray page with different blocks. I assume they were to show you
Old 11-07-2011, 07:59 AM

Default missing catergorys?

Anyone know how to get to the latest pictures category? It used to be when you clicked on the link from your email and it took you to the site and there would be categories called "Main, Tutorials, New Subject, Pictures, Hello From...etc. Well now when you click on the link from the email the New Pictures category is gone, I also cannot find the "post new subject" section, or my saved stuff. Everything seems to be buried under layers of.... and nothing is where is should be or accessible. It has been a week now and I am still frustrated with this new site. I need some help navigating it. I spent another hour and half this morning and didn't really figure it out yet.
Peggy
Old 11-07-2011, 08:00 AM

EagarBeez -- your answer is very confusing to me

IRQuilter ---- it takes a long time for the newsletter to load on your screen. While it's loading the words are gray on gray background. When it finishes loading, the background turns the same color as this screen and the words are black! It's an interesting article.....try again! Don't give up!
Old 11-07-2011, 08:00 AM

This happened to me too. I started clicking on it and found that did nothing. Then got distracted by my DGD and looked back, still nothing. As I was just about to hit the 'go back arrow', it started to open. It took about 10 seconds after that. -- I am at my son's house and he has 'dial-up' internet. At my house I have internet with my cable that is so much faster.