Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What are you making for your MEN this Christmas??? >

What are you making for your MEN this Christmas???

What are you making for your MEN this Christmas???

Old 11-08-2011, 05:41 AM

I am making them PJ bottoms, cup cozy, suduko puzzle embroidered out with my machine, and thats about it.
Janet
Old 11-08-2011, 05:55 AM

Originally Posted by ibsewhappy View Post
I am making a canvas wood carrying thingy-dont't know what you would call it exactly-just know that when hubby brings in wood he carries it close to his body. Thought I would be able to design a canvas carrier that will have handles. NOT a tote bag thing , more like a sling!?!?!?!
I think it is actually called a "log carrier" and for some reason I think I recently saw directions on the internet somewhere?
Old 11-08-2011, 06:16 AM

I just read all 6 pages of these posts and you all have given me some good ideas for my guys. Thanks!!
Old 11-08-2011, 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by Beachbound View Post
I have a great start on Christmas gifts for my girls but what can I made for the guys? This is not a quilt year for them! I thought of sleep pants but what else do y'all sew for them?????
The dh LOVES those flannel sleep pants, and he is tall so they are usually not long enough. Thanks for the suggestion, I need to hunt down the pattern.
Old 11-08-2011, 06:25 AM

I am making a canvas wood carrying thingy-dont't know what you would call it exactly-just know that when hubby brings in wood he carries it close to his body. Thought I would be able to design a canvas carrier that will have handles. NOT a tote bag thing , more like a sling!?!?!?!
You can find a pattern in the pattern books. I've seen them but don't remember which book.
Old 11-08-2011, 06:46 AM

I use one of those and LOVE it. The one I've got is a nylon/plastic thing - probably $5 at Lowe's, but it's ripping at the handles and seams. Canvas is an inspired idea - much more durable...
Old 11-08-2011, 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by Beachbound View Post
I have a great start on Christmas gifts for my girls but what can I made for the guys? This is not a quilt year for them! I thought of sleep pants but what else do y'all sew for them?????
I'm in the same boat with one of my sons in law. Fleece socks is on the menu for him.
Old 11-08-2011, 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by deemail View Post
all the teens, boys and girls, are getting fingerless gloves (with long-ish fingers)...they love them for texting...
. I have seen that you can purchase special thread that smart phones/iPads etc accept. Last year when I looked into buying some I was very expensive - wonder if the price has gone down cuz then all you need is a few stitches in the pointer fingers. I have the totes brand of this.
Old 11-08-2011, 07:09 AM

Here is what I am talking about - CONDUCTIVE THREAD http://www.sparkfun.com/products/8549 http://www.instructables.com/id/Maki...-Touch-Screen/
Old 11-08-2011, 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by SouthPStitches View Post
I'm thinking maybe quilted jockey shorts to keep his buns warm while hunting......maybe something in Realtree camo print. Too bad he wouldn't see the humor in it!!!
Don't forget to add a couple of little pockets so he can put some hand (butt) warmers in it. He'll get the humor then! LOL