Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
November Secret Pal Sign Up Closed >

November Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

November Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

Old 11-10-2011, 10:39 PM

OK, I have spent the better part of an hour trying to get a photo of my swap package uploaded. The problem is that the file is too big - it's over 1.91 MB and I don't know how to get the resolution down - the smallest file I have been able to obtain is 2.04 MB and the board keeps rejecting it. But it is getting late, and I still have to do my ablutions so I can go to work tomorrow, so I'll have to resume this exercise again tomorrow. Sorry. Funny that the Christmas tree was less - perhaps it is less busy than my photo of all the goodies. I don't guess there used to be a limit because I never had this problem with the old board.
Old 11-10-2011, 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by SharonAnne View Post
If you go to the top of this page, there should be 4 choices in the bar right above the first post on the page. I don't think it will be there if you are the last poster or have read the last post in the thread, however. Anyway, the first of the 4 says "View First Unread". Click on it and it should take you to where you left off reading on your last visit. It is next to "Thread Tools".
Oh, God Bless You!! You have saved me so much time and frustration!!!!
Old 11-11-2011, 04:20 AM

Sharon love your Christmas Tree! Really cute. Can't wait to see what you put on the top. I might have to borrow your idea, my Mom and Aunt would absolutely love those.
Old 11-11-2011, 05:40 AM

robyn love the caddy and need one of those too
Old 11-11-2011, 05:56 AM

SharonAnne sounds like a wonderful swap package! Cute idea for the Christmas Tree, I never seen one before.
Old 11-11-2011, 06:13 AM

according to the USPS my package was delivered to Ohio on Wed at 11 AM sure hope she liked it....
Old 11-11-2011, 06:19 AM

and today is a Postal Holiday

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy View Post
We had alot of packages go into the mail today but the deadline is looming (Monday) and there is still 88 people to get it in the mail!! Looks like it will be a busy weekend for the post office!
Old 11-11-2011, 06:22 AM

oh my goodness Robyn - love your organizer and where did you find that magnifying glass?? I need one badly!!
Kris

Originally Posted by arizonagirl View Post
What the heck now my picture come up as having to be downloaded to be seen? Try again.[ATTACH=CONFIG]285861[/ATTACH]
Old 11-11-2011, 06:22 AM

I really wish there was some way we could mark the post that we have already read.
Old 11-11-2011, 06:23 AM

oh I had never thought of sending shirts from a thrift store!! that is neat

Originally Posted by thomp116 View Post
OK, here goes....and this will take a while, so bear with me. Walk-n-roll, Sheila-in Erie, and I participated in the ornament swap on another thread. I should preface this by saying that we have known each other for over 30 years. Anyhow, Sheila had Diana's (walk-n-roll) name for the ornament swap. We did well, and kept it a secret.
Well, today I received my sp package, and (drum roll), it was from Diana! How she kept that a secret (considering we have seen/text/talked to a million times since the names came out, I will never know. She said something about always getting someone from Texas, etc., etc. So, even though I thought about her "fall colors" hint, I figured it wasn't me.
Wrong! I got some really cool things, including a little tea kettle timer, a Cadbury Flake bar (!!!!!!!!), a candy bar from IKEA (one of my very favorite places), 2 men's cotton shirts from the thrift store, and also 2 pieces of wool from the thrift store (shirts to cut up for a quilt I want to do, wool because I want to do some penny rug type things), a pattern booklet, a snowman pattern, scrap fabrics, tiny scissors, reindeer bath sponge, Thanksgiving ornament, an ice cream sundae pin cushion (too cute), Halloween fabric, the Jane Stickle panel (maybe the closest I'll get to a Dear Jane quilt), and a soup rug. The soup rug is bigger than a mug rug, and has novelty soup fabric, with a cup appliqued on it with the word s-o-u-p embroidered on it (probably because we have been eatng a lot of soup lately).
I will post a picture later tonight or tomorrow. Thank you so much! And congratulations on keeping this hush-hush. Although, Diana did text me after I got this and said she was hoping that I would have it before we spend another day together (that's tomorrow!). Love those thrift store bargains!