Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > QB Help Center
How I customized my own "home page" for QB >

How I customized my own "home page" for QB

How I customized my own "home page" for QB

Old 11-13-2011, 03:46 PM

Anita,

This was VERY helpful, and easy to follow. Thanks so much for making it very clear.

I carried it one step further, and bookmarked the "My Settings" page, so all I have to do is open My Bookmarks on my web browser, and click on "My Settings, Quilting Board" and it opens.
Old 11-14-2011, 01:30 AM

thanks so much, i'm glad you explained the 'mark forums read'....i had looked at it but nothing explained it except for a msg that pops up to warn you that it can't be 'undone'...and as i didn't know what it did, i was afraid to commit since it couldn't be undone....i appreciate the time you took to help us with this information....
Old 11-17-2011, 08:47 AM

Thanks Anita.
Old 11-17-2011, 02:47 PM
Power Poster

Thank you for putting this very helpful tutorial together for us
Old 11-19-2011, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by AnitaSt View Post
Okay...I still have a lot to learn about posting and pictures and this is several steps, but you can have your own “home page” and have filtered out the forums you don’t want to see on a regular basis. You should also have your “subscribed threads” at the top of the page. You can unsubscribe from any threads that you no longer want to watch. This doesn’t affect your bookmarks.

Now, each time you open QB and log in, click first on SETTINGS to see your own “home page.”

Of course, you’ll still need to make some other choices about how you want to view Threads, how many days’ worth of Threads to display etc. Those choices are under SETTINGS-MY ACCOUNT-GENERAL SETTINGS.

Any time you want to see the full list of all available forums, just click on the Home button.

When I finish reading posts in a forum, I click on FORUM TOOLS and select MARK THIS FORUM READ. The threads will still be there, but the little envelope will be gray to show I’ve read that thread or marked it as read.

This “home page” has helped restore my comfort level again….now I can work on learning all the other tools. Using my SETTINGS page makes QB feel like home again! Now I can learn the cool new features!

AnitaSt
when you do the "mark forum as read"...will it change colors once new posts are added to it...I like the idea of that feature, but just didn't know if it lets you know once a new post has been added? Thanks for all your tutes...they were very helpful.
Old 08-30-2014, 02:10 PM

I'm a newbie and having trouble loading a profile pic. Is there online help for how to do that? Thanks much -
Old 08-30-2014, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by Neel View Post
I'm a newbie and having trouble loading a profile pic. Is there online help for how to do that? Thanks much -
A profile picture appears on your profile, and an "avatar" appears when you post things. Go to your settings page, then look for "edit avatar" and "edit profile picture" link and click there and follow prompts. Remember that avatar and profile pictures must be very, very small, something like 100 x 100 pixels.
Old 02-03-2017, 07:44 AM

Good morning, what was the link to see only list of pictures only, not the albums nor the search. There used to be a link more simply. Thanks in advance, happy quilting, Liz