Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • November Secret Pal Sign Up Closed >
  • November Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

• November Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

Old 11-19-2011, 09:55 AM
    tmw

Originally Posted by arizonagirl
    Chrys I'm sorry to hear that you have been so sick. I have said a prayer for you.
    Ladybug I have sent you a pm.

Ok and now for what went on in my day. DH and I finally made it to Harbor Freight so that I could try out this blades in my rotary cutter. I also wanted to pick up a few other things. We get there and find one of the guys that work there. I ask him where I can find them. He said to me you a quilter? I said yes. He said you guys are the ones that always but them all. He said I don't think we have any left. Sure enough all gone. I ask him about some suction cups that were in the add. He shows me where they are and asked are you going to quilt with them too? I said yes, that they would work great on my large rulers. I told him at the LQS the things that I was there to buy were a lot more money. So here is what I bought at Harbor Freight today.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]289024[/ATTACH] The double suction cup was $5.99 the suction cups are rather large. They do have a different one that is used put on a shower or bath tub wall for $6.49. It looks very similar to the gypsie one that I have. I might end up taking this one back for that one. The large single cup is 4 1/2 inches and was on sale for $2.99, regular price $4.99. The small one is 2 1/4 inches for $2.99. The suction cups are on 2 different isles. The clips below were on sale for $1.00 regular price $2.99
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]289025[/ATTACH]
    I also got some things in the mail today. The first was the package from Krysyna. She sent me one of her embroidery hankie angels so that I could send it to my mama. It is more beautiful than the pictures she posted showed them to be. Such amazing details. Some of her jams and jellies. A calendar & coaster set that are very much my style. A lace cap. And a very festive pincushion that I like a lot.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]289026[/ATTACH]
    And the 2nd package was a total surprise. It was from Marcus fabrics. They sent me 5 beautiful FQ's for a tip that I submitted. Here is the link to the site and you will see my suggestion and while you are there submit one of your own and maybe you will get a surprise too.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]289027[/ATTACH]
    i think the habor freight guys are gonna wise up about all the products they have that the quilters use and raise their prices>>>> how much you wanna bet.[just kidding about the bet].
    Old 11-19-2011, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by Ladybug 1938
    I received my wonderful package from "HAVEPLENTY" aka Mary, Thank you so very much, I so loved everything, now to see if I can hang a picture on here, have done it once belfre so will try again..There were books, candy, felt, patterns a Micro bag... you just have to look at the pics, forgot all that was in there
    Ohh, ohh, a Janet Ivanovich I haven't read, just forward that on to me please when you get thru with it, I hope you love her as much as I do, I think her books are a hoot

Last edited by greenini; 11-19-2011 at 10:20 AM.
    Old 11-19-2011, 11:54 AM

Thanks everyone!

Well, I haven't gotten a chance to buy her anything in that department just yet because we were at the hospital until 1:00 am, but didn't get home until almost 2:00 am, because we hadn't eaten dinner yet, so my Mom, Aunt and I to stop at 24 hour place and eat something and we don't have 24 hour quilt shops around here. I just woke up and haven't been able to make it to one yet!

Don't worry though!!
    Old 11-19-2011, 12:02 PM

Wanted to say THANK YOU to one of my pals this month...Chrys was very sick this month and in ICU for a few days...so, she did something very sweet and unique and emailed me a gift card to Connecting Threads since she wasn't able to put together a package...(I told her that as sick as she was she shouldn't have done anything but she didn't listen!) Anyway, I'm going to go do some online shopping now. Thanks again Chrys
    Old 11-19-2011, 12:09 PM

I didn't receive my pkg today, so I will have to join those on the bench. I think we should meet in each others homes, it's too cold outdoors and the wind is howling. I'm dreading winter.
    Old 11-19-2011, 12:14 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by brenda21
    Wanted to say THANK YOU to one of my pals this month...Chrys was very sick this month and in ICU for a few days...so, she did something very sweet and unique and emailed me a gift card to Connecting Threads since she wasn't able to put together a package...(I told her that as sick as she was she shouldn't have done anything but she didn't listen!) Anyway, I'm going to go do some online shopping now. Thanks again Chrys
    If you need help Spending that card,my favorite color is PURPLE !Have fun.Let us know what ya buy.
    Old 11-19-2011, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by Ladybug 1938
    Lori how big is that suction cup on that 12 " ruler???
    think that it's about 1 3/4 inch.
    Old 11-19-2011, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by TOOMANYUFO'S
    I didn't receive my pkg today, so I will have to join those on the bench. I think we should meet in each others homes, it's too cold outdoors and the wind is howling. I'm dreading winter.
    Guess I will have to join you on the bench. Received one of my packages this month, but was a double swapper this month, since I am sitting out next month and my second package has not come yet. With Christmas, I will be too busy....will miss the swap, but what can you do???? Happy Thanksgiving everyone....

Juli, what a gorgeous neice you have there. She'll be a heart breaker for sure.....
    Old 11-19-2011, 02:09 PM
    Swap Hosts

Robyn, so how was the jam?
    Moedeenie, anything good in YOUR mailbox today?
    Old 11-19-2011, 02:15 PM

Default November SP goodies

I want to thank my November SP, Shelrox, for my wonderful goodies. She sent me some darling straight pins with hearts on the top, some cute notes and envelopes, five pieces of beautiful fabric, a Wildflower pattern from thimbleberries (I plan to make a quilt from this cute pattern), a note pad, and some packages of different flavors of M&Ms. Great SP package. Thank you so much. I'm going to try to upload a picture of my goodies, but not having much luck with uploading, but I'll keep trying.