Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
International and USA/Canada Round Robin II GROUP INFO is OUT!! >

International and USA/Canada Round Robin II GROUP INFO is OUT!!

International and USA/Canada Round Robin II GROUP INFO is OUT!!

Old 08-05-2009, 06:15 AM

Labels

Some used their embroidery machine. They are really nice however, I jumped into the middle of a group to finish up when someone else was unable to complete it. I am from Texas and the labels all say Kansas.

Some are printed on the computer onto cotton.

Some are just straight lines drawn for each person to sign their name.

Make it big enough for their name and state/country maybe their online name, date. Whatever you would like.

Hope this is helpful.
Old 08-05-2009, 06:37 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by chewboo
going to ask my question again did not get answer

OK OK OK i an terrioble i have never labled my quilts can anyone post a pic of what they have use on other IRRs so i hve some idea what to do
I'll take a pic of one of my labels later today and post it...but all the ideas mentioned above have been done. I've even recieved a piece of paper with lines drawn on it to sign. The owner was going to scan it later into her computer and then print it out on the printable fabric.

I'll post a pic later so you can see.
Old 08-05-2009, 07:25 AM

You can send around a piece of paper with your center. Just have everyone put their name and location on it or whatever you want it to say, then when you get the center back, you can make your own label.
Old 08-05-2009, 07:30 AM

You can also make a label with spaces for everyone to sign....and send that along with our quilt center.
Old 08-05-2009, 07:59 AM

thank you everyone that has really helped
Old 08-05-2009, 04:03 PM
Power Poster

Chewboo...here is a label that went with one of my quilts this last time. I already have this baby home. The fabric matches part of the center that I used. This is just one example. I wish I had taken pics of other peoples that came through here, some had some really nice labels!

This pic isn't great, but hopefully you can get the idea. Oops...sorry for the neck ache.

Group 4 quilt label
[ATTACH=CONFIG]43375[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-43375.jpe
Views:	8
Size:	69.8 KB
ID:	43375  
Old 08-05-2009, 04:33 PM
Power Poster

Ladies...after thinking about how to do the threads and also talking to Patrice and all the Group Points....here is what we are gonna do.

We will have 1 thread for each round for discussion purposes. This is where we'll talk about what we are thinking about doing...any questions you might have about what to do, sharing of ideas, techniques...you know all the gossip that we like to do...etc.

Then, we will have a picture thread for EACH GROUP. This is where ...duh...we'll post pics of what we are gonna send on..You know we can never wait to see ...now...remember, there are some participating that either don't have a camera or don't have kids ( :oops: ) to help them use it...so know your groups...does someone need help posting a pic? Maybe you should take a pic when you get it and post for them.. :wink:

We'll see how this idea works out. The goal is for all of us to have fun..so ..lets do!
Old 08-05-2009, 04:55 PM

Have you decided what category the threads will be in?
Old 08-05-2009, 04:56 PM

Good idea on the threads. Nice balance, and no one will get too long and cumbersome (well, probably will, but this will look a little tidier, right??)!!!
Old 08-05-2009, 05:34 PM

So! now I have a question <g>
I have a really good reason to do a happy dance today, and I was going to put it in the bunkhouse, but it really belongs with the IRR/USA/Canada because it is about my center.
Question:
Do I put the celebration here or do I go back and look for the Center due: October 15 thread?
Heading back to recent threads or the swaps threads to see which I should do ... but, wouldn't it be a good idea for the POCs of each group to send out an email alerting participants where that thread would be?