Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
2009/2010 IRR Centers-Oct. 15, 2009 mailing date >

2009/2010 IRR Centers-Oct. 15, 2009 mailing date

2009/2010 IRR Centers-Oct. 15, 2009 mailing date

Old 08-05-2009, 04:21 AM
Power Poster

Sara, I love it! Thats one thing I really love about doing these....I don't normally work with the brights and black...but if I was in your group, I would get to work "outside" of my box so to speak. Its a great way to learn that I like doing lots of things!! I agree with Elle...please include a note to the next quilters which direction you want the center to go...great job!
Old 08-05-2009, 08:05 AM

wish there was a separate thread for just pictures of the centers....love seeing them
Old 08-05-2009, 08:16 AM

Love your center, Sara! The black just makes those colors blast out! Great pattern, too.
Old 08-05-2009, 11:46 AM

Thank you ladies :-) I think the butterflies look much better in person...for some reason could not get a good picture of the center but it gives an idea. I just love all of the work I see :-) Great job everyone..
Hugs
April
Old 08-05-2009, 01:16 PM

k3n: No, the points are not all perfect, but they're gettin' better.

Butterflyspain: I also goofed on getting the photo posted. It is supposed to be up and down, but the photo didn't get rotated first.

Sandpat - These colors are kinda outside my muted little box too, but I decided to go 'fer it. Some of my muted soft colors are lovely for me, but my DH says they are "boring." So needless to say, he loves this center and doesn't want to wait a whole year for it to come home. He asked "what if somebody gets mixed up and sends you the wrong one!"

Lacelady, that is one of my fav's too. PP takes more fabric, I think. AND it sure makes a bigger mess of little snippets on the floor. But the results are pretty.

I love the small star inside the bigger star block - I'm thinking of a whole quilt like that. I think someone on the board made one similar to that recently - maybe in patriotic colors?

LindaR, I think a seperate thread for the centers would be fun too. Actually, thread, like mentioned earlier just for the RR would keep things cleaned up a bit. We'll see.
Old 08-05-2009, 01:53 PM

Yes I understand about the picture, but you still need to tell the person who receives it down the line that it is this way up or your quilt could end up looking different and not how you want it, get my drift ? Thnk of the rounds going on. If they put fancy corners on the long one it will be different if they put fancy corners on the other.

Elle
Old 08-05-2009, 05:47 PM

I am sooo excited!
I am part of three groups, so I can't really tell yet which is going to get what center.
That being said, I want to let my groups know - - 3, 6, 10 - - that I had the most amazing thing happen to me today!
I was puttering around in the bunkhouse, "organizing" as I always try to do, thinking as I move things around.
Of course, in my bunkhouse, most of my stuff lives in boxes or they would be dusty and impossible to move around <g> ... I would take pictures, but you wouldn't believe what you were seeing, anyway! LOL
Anyway, so I opened up a box, thinking about the IRR/USA/CANADA and my centers.
I know one of my centers will be a carpenter's wheel, and I know what the colors will be.
Now, reverse your brain back to the mystery quilt almost four weeks ago. I had picked up a few things "just in case" ... and, put them in a box, and promptly forgot about the box because I didn't need them ... and, this morning!
I am just GIDDY! (which is pretty hard for me to be, but I AM! LOL)
I opened a box and there lying on the top was a package of charms ... I just glanced at it the contents, not really moving anything around because I recognized them from my lofty ideas for the mystery quilt.
AND :idea: moment :!: :!: :!:
That charm packet! I picked it up and sort of thumbed through the pieces, and THERE, right THERE! was every color I would ever have wanted for my carpenter's wheel!
It is not a pretty thing when I do a happy dance, so I am only figuratively speaking <g> but, I am just soooooo EXCITED!
Tonight, I KNOW there is a God, and HE loves ME! LOL
And, then, not to take anything away from our Miss Sara <wave> she gave me ANOTHER idea for a center.
Ahhhhh, life is good!
I am out to the fields to move cattle and feed.
Catch you all later .... have a good evening! <wave>
Old 08-05-2009, 06:03 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by omak
I am sooo excited!
I am part of three groups, so I can't really tell yet which is going to get what center.
That being said, I want to let my groups know - - 3, 6, 10 - - that I had the most amazing thing happen to me today!
I was puttering around in the bunkhouse, "organizing" as I always try to do, thinking as I move things around.
Of course, in my bunkhouse, most of my stuff lives in boxes or they would be dusty and impossible to move around <g> ... I would take pictures, but you wouldn't believe what you were seeing, anyway! LOL
Anyway, so I opened up a box, thinking about the IRR/USA/CANADA and my centers.
I know one of my centers will be a carpenter's wheel, and I know what the colors will be.
Now, reverse your brain back to the mystery quilt almost four weeks ago. I had picked up a few things "just in case" ... and, put them in a box, and promptly forgot about the box because I didn't need them ... and, this morning!
I am just GIDDY! (which is pretty hard for me to be, but I AM! LOL)
I opened a box and there lying on the top was a package of charms ... I just glanced at it the contents, not really moving anything around because I recognized them from my lofty ideas for the mystery quilt.
AND :idea: moment :!: :!: :!:
That charm packet! I picked it up and sort of thumbed through the pieces, and THERE, right THERE! was every color I would ever have wanted for my carpenter's wheel!
It is not a pretty thing when I do a happy dance, so I am only figuratively speaking <g> but, I am just soooooo EXCITED!
Tonight, I KNOW there is a God, and HE loves ME! LOL
And, then, not to take anything away from our Miss Sara <wave> she gave me ANOTHER idea for a center.
Ahhhhh, life is good!
I am out to the fields to move cattle and feed.
Catch you all later .... have a good evening! <wave>

it was meant to be. i can't wait to see the center.

Old 08-06-2009, 04:16 AM
Power Poster

I'm excited for you too! See....all things just seem to fall into place!! Yea!!! can't wait to see!
Old 08-06-2009, 05:51 AM
Power Poster

Way to go OMAK!! Some things are just meant to be and can't wait to see your centers!