Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Sewing Rooms - Smart Ideas >

Sewing Rooms - Smart Ideas

Sewing Rooms - Smart Ideas

Old 10-15-2011, 06:04 AM

I found this over the door hanger at Walmart. It is almost 6 inchs thick so holds videos perfect.
Could not get it to rotate and you cant see how deep the pockets are. It holds alot.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-271506.jpe
Views:	165
Size:	29.5 KB
ID:	271559  
Old 10-26-2011, 10:31 AM

If any of you are in South Florida, West Palm area.... I have a 30" x 60" and 1" thick, table top to give someone who can use it. Originally a computer desk or side table. Legs are really low... about a 23" height. I took the legs off and set it on file cabinets or what have you. This is solid, solid... oak laminate top. More like a counter. It's heavy, has rounded corners and is in great shape. Would also work for a topper in a garage or laundry.

Anyone want it? ?
Old 10-26-2011, 02:01 PM

Great idea! Thanks.
Old 10-27-2011, 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by smcfadden
Great idea! Thanks.
smcfadden, that is just the CUTEST 'set' of quilt inspectors you have pictured on your avitar. We have 6 quilt inspectors.... who usually are not allowed in the sewing room, 'cause they like to jump, burrow, paw, sneeze, dispense the most amazing prolific hair balls and in general make a mess.

But once in a while.... someone sneaks into the 'forbidden' room and has a ball. lol. Okay... well... I guess I can admit it: sometimes I leave the door open the tinest crack....
Old 10-27-2011, 08:35 AM

I think that would be a great idea!!
Old 10-27-2011, 05:26 PM

I think it's a great idea!
Old 11-30-2011, 09:53 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Scissor Queen View Post
I finally had a chance to get a pic taken of my ironing center. I can put all kinds of stuff away in this dresser. The space the riser creates between the top of the dresser and the ironing board is a nice space to keep several things handy without taking up space in the drawers or on top of the ironing board.

ironing center

[ATTACH=CONFIG]99535[/ATTACH]
I've been pondering how I wanted to do my new ironing station and came across this picture.
This is IT! I love the space underneath and I can make the station portable or stationery by adding pieces to drop down over my dresser. Thanks so much for posting this, SQ!!!
Old 11-30-2011, 06:40 PM

I would love a section like this
Old 11-30-2011, 07:36 PM

I have spent a lot of time surfing the web looking for storage ideas for the sewing room I am planning for retirement. Here is a web site with a lot of pictures of what others have done. don't know if someone has already posted this, but if so, here it is again. (finally figured out that I had to turn "html function on but don't convert linebreaks" whatever that means, to make the links work.) hope they finally work for you guys.

http://www.aprairiehomequilts.com/qu...ng-studio.html

one particular idea that I love is this vertical storage shelf with casters on the bottom and you could hang, OH heck, here is the link, and it is the third and forth pictures in the second row and the first picture in the third row called "multi functional storage tower." I just think this is a fabulous idea! It could be made pretty easy with one of those assembly required shelf towers, put caster on the bottom, get peg board and stand it off from the sides with some simple hardward, and make pockets out of the vinyl you can buy at joanns.
http://community.webshots.com/album/547622867XAkgAo

OK, I know I get a little over enthusiastic about some things, but I thought it was really neat.
hope some of you get some ideas from the first link. Have fun looking, I sure have!
Jean

Last edited by Jakaby; 11-30-2011 at 07:55 PM. Reason: fix link
Old 11-30-2011, 08:40 PM

Great idea