Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
December Secret Pal Sign Up Closes 11/30 noon CDT >

December Secret Pal Sign Up Closes 11/30 noon CDT

December Secret Pal Sign Up Closes 11/30 noon CDT

Old 12-07-2011, 07:04 AM

Okay SP your package went to the PO at 8:30 AM... It's Priority Mail and should be there by Friday.... It's going to a
City, State, Town that begins with T or maybe your last name begins with T... It's going west of me....
Old 12-07-2011, 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy View Post
I am no angel for sure! Just doing what I can and having fun doing it. Marty doesn't think she has a cat but the neighbor's cat has "adopted" her, the owners don't let him inside and Marty does, she buys him food and puts out water and lets him sleep on her bed and sit on her lap. When he needs to go to the bathroom he goes to the door and goes outsidethen shows up later. She doesn't like him to go into the basement because to many hiding places when she wants to get him out of the house. So when we came back from the chemo treatment I went to the basement to fold laundry and Dorothy told Mart that the cat had gone to the basement and she just said he would come back up when he was ready. When Mart saw the cat was in the bedroom she went and closed and locked the basement door. Guess who was still in the basement! We had a good laugh and I told her if she was going to treat me THAT way i was going home and taking my sewing machines with me!

LMAO Lori! TOO FUNNY!!!!!
Old 12-07-2011, 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy View Post
....... Then the family is coming on the 22nd to get thier goodies! There are 5 kids ages 6 months to 16 years old, a disabled grandma and husband and wife. I love Christmas!!!! Oh and I almost forgot I have a Secret Pal Package I am working on!!! Just remember even if you don't hear from me I am watching and checking my list, sometimes checking it twice! (couldn't help myself!!)
lori i know you were looking for an easy qayg pattern now i see it is for an adopted family. i have one finished baby quilt (for a girl) that i can send you. if the baby is a boy, i have a wonderful doublesided flannel baby blanket (basketball or train theme[i think]) that i can send to you to help. let me know. i wish my donation quilts were in a stage to send to you but they are not. i may be able to get one sandwiched and do an easy quilting before the 17th. if so i will send it also. just let me know if i can help you.

you are certainly busy and truly a great friend. there comes a time when it is our season to care for others and we find that we just step in that moment and do what we need to do. we may find ourselves physically tired but our spirits are renewed each day. may you keep pressing on.

my prayer for you
: "may Jesus continue to give you strength to carry on with the things that he is calling you to do. may He keep his hand upon you, to protect you, to nourish you, to keep your cup running over. may the angels He dispatched to be by your side keep you lifted up, renewing your strength and keeping your health and allowing you rest and peace. Amen."

Last edited by Havplenty; 12-07-2011 at 07:35 AM.
Old 12-07-2011, 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by Tussymussy View Post
Hi Linda, It was a pleasure to be your angel. Actually I was a sub angel. Your real angel was so stressed about the distance and the time it would take to send you a package that she asked me to if I would do it as I am so much closer to you.

I am so glad that you continued with the swap as it is so much fun. Thankfully all the dead wood is being sorted out by Lori. I think most of us in this swap have a reputation with our local mail men as being stalkers Hiding behind fences, hedges and doors waiting for our parcels to arrive. Not many hints for us internationals again this month, but I am quietly watching!

My post gets delivered to my MIL's house which is about a five minute walk away. When we moved into our house first both hubby and I would be away working and as our house is at the end of a lane the postman decided he would not walk all the way up the lane but would deliver to my MIL house. That was 19 years ago and even though I work from home now and hubby is usually around (works on family farm now) our post still goes to my MIL so now I stalk her house everyday to see if any post has come.
Old 12-07-2011, 07:33 AM

I live in a small town but I would be a long way east of you, ah well.
Old 12-07-2011, 07:44 AM

Just mailed my secret pal package a few minutes ago. It is going east. She likes puple
Old 12-07-2011, 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by selfhunter View Post
Just mailed my secret pal package a few minutes ago. It is going east. She likes puple
Another one that could be mine.
Old 12-07-2011, 08:41 AM

Having fun this morning putting together my SP package. Though she has "enough fabric to choke a horse", I am looking to send her more. Just figured out what to make her too. YES!!!!!
Old 12-07-2011, 09:24 AM

for those who are in the process of making things for your sp, here is a link for some tree shaped potholders. though i have already mailed my packages, i see some of these potholders in a future sp package i prepare.

http://www.hoffmanfabrics.com/EDocs/...Potholders.pdf
Old 12-07-2011, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by onaemtnest View Post
Yeppers! Accompanied by the neighborhood dogs howling because I'm singin' loud enough for someone special in SWFL to hear the refrain!!!!
Yeah my daughter heard it its her birthday! LOL! HILARIOUS!