Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Applique Club (Do you like to applique, lets chit chat here) >

Applique Club (Do you like to applique, lets chit chat here)

Applique Club (Do you like to applique, lets chit chat here)

Old 12-07-2011, 01:48 PM

If you click on "Quick Links" on the bar underneath the "Quilting Board" logo, one of the links is "Subscribed Threads" - click on that and this discussion will show up until you unsubscribe from it.
Old 12-08-2011, 04:39 AM

Originally Posted by thepolyparrot View Post
If you click on "Quick Links" on the bar underneath the "Quilting Board" logo, one of the links is "Subscribed Threads" - click on that and this discussion will show up until you unsubscribe from it.
I can subscribe, but I can't figure out how to delete "closed" threads.
Thanks
Old 12-08-2011, 05:21 AM

Originally Posted by faykilgore View Post
I can subscribe, but I can't figure out how to delete "closed" threads.
Thanks
I hope I can explain this correctly, but here's how you do it: go to the top of the page, right under HOME you see 'private messages'. Click on that and it takes you to your inbox. On the left hand side you first see 'my messages' with your inbox and sent messages below that, and even lower there's another header called 'my subscriptions' (you might need to scroll down a bit). There are two links under that: bookmarks and subscriptions, click on subscriptions. Now you see a list of all the threads you're currently subscribed to. All the way to the right you can select the threads you no longer want to follow, once you've selected all go to the end of the list where there's a blue button called 'selected threads'. If you click on that it will give you several options, including 'delete subscription'. Choose that one and you will no longer be subscribed to the threads you selected.

I hope you understood that . I'm not too good at explaining these things to other people.
Old 12-08-2011, 04:17 PM

You did great. I followed your instructions and it worked! Thank you.
Old 12-08-2011, 09:00 PM

thank you . I now have it sorted lol
Old 12-08-2011, 10:12 PM

At first I was very intimidated by the thought of applique. So I did a small project first with the raw edge and decided that was not the look I was going for. Then tried the freezer paper method and liked it a little more. Next I went for the needle turn method it was okay but found that I liked the sharp crisp edge I got when I did the freezer paper so I combined the two sort of and was able to get some nice results.
I am currently working on a fairly large applique project and find that I get discouraged by it. So I am glad that many are liking this idea of applique and hope that I can learn many new ideas and techniques in the process.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	005.JPG
Views:	441
Size:	1.34 MB
ID:	294241  

Last edited by kidmenot43; 12-08-2011 at 10:16 PM. Reason: wanted to add picture
Old 12-09-2011, 12:18 AM

Alrighty now. I ordered the "Miss Kelly" block and the center block for 2012 from Erin. Only $10.00 each. I think that is a very fair price. Also in January the 12 blocks for "My tweets" you will be anle to purchase. So now I need to decide what my fabric will be, but more than likely I will go with batiks.
Old 12-09-2011, 04:25 AM

Kidmenot43,
That is amazing! Who is the lucky recipient? Thank you for sharing that beautiful work. Are the lines embroidery?
Old 12-09-2011, 05:40 AM

Yes the lines are hand embroidered. This is the focal point of the quilt. My niece who lives in Texas requested a quilt that had horses in it. The grass and rocks will have embroidery also.
Old 12-09-2011, 07:25 AM

Default Needleturn

Originally Posted by qwltnfool View Post
I love, love, love! applique. I do needleturn, have way too many projects going but am considering starting Baltimore Christmas, Friends of Baltimore and/or Little Brown Bird after Christmas. I've completed one Baltimore and am handquilting it (very slow process!) and have done some of my own designs. Current projects include My Tweets, a Lori Smith pattern and Eyta Sitar's Applique Affair as well as Aunt Millie's Garden, all in various states of completion. Not enough hours in the day and too many other things that change my focus!
Here are pics of my first four "Applique Affair" blocks; and my "Sampling of Santas" by Piece 'O Cake
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	100_5805.JPG
Views:	450
Size:	1.13 MB
ID:	294282   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_5806.JPG
Views:	430
Size:	1.51 MB
ID:	294283   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_5808.JPG
Views:	474
Size:	1.16 MB