Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The Farmer's Wife Pony Club Quilt >

The Farmer's Wife Pony Club Quilt

The Farmer's Wife Pony Club Quilt

Old 12-16-2011, 11:41 AM

JanieW,

That is very, very weird, because except for 3 blocks, all the rest of them have foundation patterns on the CD.
What's weird is that I only submitted one master CD to the printer. I don't see how it is possible that some CDs are missing content and not others. Has anyone else had this problem?

Are you dragging the files from the CD to your desktop before opening them?

Please open one of the PFDs and check two things for me: Does the first page of each PDF should have a table of contents with the patterns listed for each block? There should be "Foundation Pattern" entries for any blocks that can be pp'd. If you click on any entry in the table of contents, does it take you directly to that page?

Please let me know what you find, and let me know right away.

Thank you so much,

Toni Toomey
Laurie's designer
Old 12-16-2011, 11:52 AM

Which block will you use the pup in? Are planning to fussy cut?

Toni
Old 12-16-2011, 02:58 PM
Power Poster

TDTDesign ... so good of you to drop by and add some comments. And I do hope you will continue to drop by in the coming weeks and months!
Don't worry about the nay sayer ... there's always one in every crowd!
As I posted in response to "that" comment, if the FWS ladies were discouraged from the first round, I'm sure they wouldn't be so enthusiastic for the PC to start.

Me? I'm a Johnny-Come-Lately, and only have about 75 blocks done and I'm more than pleased with the FWS book! As you said, you're only human, and besides, the glitches are so minimal, they are hardly noticed. I know I am keen for PC to start ... now as for the Y-seams, and hand sewing, ick! .... though I welcome them, knowing that it's these challenges that help us become better quilters!

And remember, y'all come back here!
Old 12-16-2011, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by tdtdesign View Post
JanieW,

That is very, very weird, because except for 3 blocks, all the rest of them have foundation patterns on the CD.
What's weird is that I only submitted one master CD to the printer. I don't see how it is possible that some CDs are missing content and not others. Has anyone else had this problem?

Are you dragging the files from the CD to your desktop before opening them?

Please open one of the PFDs and check two things for me: Does the first page of each PDF should have a table of contents with the patterns listed for each block? There should be "Foundation Pattern" entries for any blocks that can be pp'd. If you click on any entry in the table of contents, does it take you directly to that page?

Please let me know what you find, and let me know right away.

Thank you so much,

Toni Toomey
Laurie's designer

Toni,
When I said I only had templates and line drawings, I was referring only to the "A Beauty" block. I thought some of the ladies were saying they were going to paper piece that block and I was wondering where the pp foundations were.

My CD works the way it is supposed to. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
Old 12-16-2011, 04:27 PM
Power Poster

TDT ... when you check back here, I do have a question for you.
First of all, somewhat of a disclaimer here ... I have been focused on the FWS, so have vowed I will NOT put the CD into the computer, as I know that will only entice me to get started ... just don't want to leave FWS now, and want to get closer to the end of the blocks before PC starts.
So my question .... re PC ... from reading comments from other PClubbers, the line drawings do not print to correct/accurate size. Is this correct? Or is there something that they are missing to get them to size?

Thanks for your help!
Old 12-17-2011, 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by JeanieG View Post
You better get that "act" together and join us for this one too deranged! LOL Nice to hear from you again, we have missed you!
well its nice to be missed! LOL I am THINKING about hand piecing this one as well.... crazy, or plain dumb! I cant decide which?
I am thinking of making this in blue and cream, what do you all think???
Old 12-17-2011, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by deranged_damsel View Post
well its nice to be missed! LOL I am THINKING about hand piecing this one as well.... crazy, or plain dumb! I cant decide which?
I am thinking of making this in blue and cream, what do you all think???
Ohhhh, I love blue and cream! Just my kind of colors!
Old 12-17-2011, 12:08 PM

Just ordered the book hope to join in this will be my first I am just learning so I am glad to be able to see what everyone else is doing I know this will help me along. thanks Cookie
Old 12-17-2011, 02:56 PM

Wow this is getting more exciting as the time draws closer. What an absolute privilege to have tdtdesign chatting and offering her words of wisdom. Having finished my FWS (its still at the quilter) and about to start the PC I can only ask very cheekily when the third book will be available (no pressure). Or is that being too cheeky. I can only say over and over again what fun I have had and without this group would never had made 111 blocks and stayed on track. So lets skip Christmas and go straight to January because having made the first block I am
ssoooo ready to start this Pony Ride. To heck with the ufo's, second to last will be quilted by the end of the week and then only 1 more to go.
Old 12-17-2011, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
Gotchya! ... I think SheilaH's commitment was somewhere else, than in a PC thread. I'll get on my Lil Pony and ride on out to check on SheilaH and OKSewGlad, as I'm pretty sure both are with us.

Yes, LindaR, really didn't say yes .... so LindaR, please come on back and tell us so!
LindaR is in....my LQS keeps saying the book will be in anyday....I might be a little behind. LOL