Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Have you made any baby quilts lately? >

Have you made any baby quilts lately?

Have you made any baby quilts lately?

Old 12-18-2011, 07:18 PM

I have made several baby quilts lately. I choose the fabric and the pattern. But, I make them on my own, no one has requested them.
Old 12-18-2011, 07:31 PM

Just finished another this past week of Baby Jungle Animals, as suggestred by the first time dad. We invited them to dinner and presented her with the quilt in a bag, she hardly said thanks, mumbled something about a neighbor giving her one the other day.... Didn't take it out to see the childs name appliqued on it or the cute pillow case to match.
Old 12-18-2011, 08:08 PM

Ready to start one as soon as my final Christmas project is over (hopefully tomorrow). It is all brights, but will be a traditional baby pattern. I chose the fabrics and pattern.
Old 12-19-2011, 04:28 AM

If it's a gift from me, i pick. If someone is paying me to make the quilt they get to pick. Either way I love doing it.
Old 12-19-2011, 05:58 AM

I make a lot of baby quilts, probably about 20 per year at least for our charity group and it's kind of fun to pick different fabrics that I wouldn't normally put together and try some different things since these are all babies that have nothing and they won't be too picky I hope. It helps get me outside of my box.
Old 12-19-2011, 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by Summer Spice View Post
Just finished another this past week of Baby Jungle Animals, as suggestred by the first time dad. We invited them to dinner and presented her with the quilt in a bag, she hardly said thanks, mumbled something about a neighbor giving her one the other day.... Didn't take it out to see the childs name appliqued on it or the cute pillow case to match.
Last dinner at your house???????????
Old 12-19-2011, 06:02 AM

Originally Posted by MargeD View Post
I just finished making 2 baby quilts for my daughter to give to friends, however, since she works at an airport, she likes fabric with airplanes on it. I have been doing this ever since she graduated with her degree in aviation managment, and she wants a nice gift for a friend. However, I find it hard to find fabric with airplanes on it so that I can make the quilts. Anybody know a good source for airplane fabric?
Since the recipients differ do you buy a whole bolt at a time and then change patterns?
Old 12-19-2011, 06:04 AM
Power Poster

I like to make I Spy type of quilts for baby quilts. I am the one picking the fabrics. I have a strong preference for brights or sometimes 1930 fabrics.

Last edited by Annaquilts; 12-19-2011 at 06:09 AM.
Old 12-19-2011, 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by toi123 View Post
I love your little slogan at the bottom of your page. I do medical transcription and have to make sure my words are super correct, all the time (of course, sometimes they're not since I'm only human and sometimes fall asleep while working and have been known to go from "Add Foradil 12 mcg twice a day" to "Put Cheerios in a bowl and watch television twice a day.") Fortunately, I proof my work - most of the time - just so I can find those crazy mistakes. Have a Merry Christmas!

Years ago, I was standing in line at a Best Buy. The kid behind me had a sweatshirt that said "Bad Spellers of the world- U N T I E" That would fit me, so I've used it as a siggy line ever since.

Gotten a few cussings for it, too!
Old 12-19-2011, 06:10 AM

I choose the fabric and they are usually brights.